• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Last year I finally settle on my main carry handgun (G19), at this point I can say that I'm comfortable with the operation of the Glock platform but my full size gun is an M&P 9. Should I just keep the M&P or try switch to a G17 to keep things uniform?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As long as your M&P doesn't have a safety, I'd say you're ok. But you are the only one who can choose.

I sold my smaller SA/DA EDC because I didn't 2 different kinds of actions.

I have 2 Springfields now.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm one of the weirdos that will carry different guns for different things. Though lately I've been using my Glock 26 as everything purely for convenience. All my DA/SA guns are decocker only style. So they are all common, the SAO action is pretty straight forward, and strikers are all fairly similar IMHO and are as close as I care to get to DAO. Yes I know Striker fired is not DAO but, shenanigans.

What ever you shoot best is what you should practice the most with and carry. I like having different stuff for when I feel like being different. However for carry I tend now to stick with one action.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    There are advantages to using weapons of similar operation. There is no sin in owning multiple types of handguns, just be sure your fun gun is the one you have to stop and think about and not your fighting gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As mentioned up thread, variety is the spice of life, but it comes at a cost. If both are carry guns, then you need holsters, mags and range time with both.

Top Bottom