• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Anyone familiar with the process or a local FFL (Indy, Terre Haute, Vincennes, or anywhere along that route) that would ship a pistol via USPS on a Form 1508 (USPS form). I'm in need of sending a pistol to a manufacturer on my dime for some work, and I know shipping it personally will cost an arm and a leg because of overnight with UPS or FedEx.

From my research (let me know if I'm wrong), it appears that an FFL can ship USPS Priority (or other option) for WAY, WAY cheaper than the $60+ shipping private using USPS Form 1508, which looks pretty straightforward. I don't wanna be a pain in the butt for a dealer, and I'd be happy to cover the shipping and a service fee for the FFL assuming it's considerably cheaper than the private option, but I figured it'd be silly to spend that much to ship a pistol overnight if I could do it more economically via an FFL.

Thoughts or recommendations?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    What side of Indy are you on? West/South west, I presume?

USDS, Bradis, Elmore's, Indy Trading Post, Gray Wolf, Ft. Liberty, PSS, etc. They'll all do it - for a price.

Shouldn't be much more than $20 (As that's roughly the cost the USPS charges). If it's too much more, shop around. Keep in mind that your time/effort to get to and from the shop will play a part as well.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm actually pretty well downtown, but I'm familiar with those shops. I talked to a shop back in SW Indiana, and he kinda made it seem like he didn't use USPS at all and only sent the expensive overnight FedEx and UPS. I'll call around. Thanks!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Ended up taking it down to USDS because I had never been there and wanted to check the place out. Cost me more than the $20, but it was still cheaper than shipping it on my own, I suppose. I was just ready to get it on its way.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom