• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I have an SR9c and I really like it. I have been wanting a full size 9. Should I get a Ruger 9e? I like that it is similar to my 9c and they can share the 17 round magazines. But the difference in barrel length is only a 3/4 of an inch. Will that make a noticeable difference? I can get 9e for around 350 bucks.

Should I get the 9e or go with a completely different model? If you think I should go with something different do you have a suggestion on something around the 350 dollar mark? Thanks for your input.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If I was in your shoes, I'd go for the 9E. The ability to share the same platform, mags and maybe holsters is a great thing. The manual of arms for both pistols are the same. You don't have to learn another platform. The 9E is a great value. My LGS has them on sale now for $329. You get a lot of gun for a little cash.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have an SR9c and I really like it. I have been wanting a full size 9. Should I get a Ruger 9e? I like that it is similar to my 9c and they can share the 17 round magazines. But the difference in barrel length is only a 3/4 of an inch. Will that make a noticeable difference? I can get 9e for around 350 bucks.

Should I get the 9e or go with a completely different model? If you think I should go with something different do you have a suggestion on something around the 350 dollar mark? Thanks for your input.

Honestly unless you need the second gun right away I would just buy some more magazines and ammo for your SR9c. I am a big fan of the SR9c and consider it to be a best value. The SR9c with the 17 round magazines and grip sleeves handles very similarly to a full size gun.

I don't know what your situation is with guns and gear so I don't want to speak out of turn. But the gun itself is just one part of the whole system. Extra magazines, belt, holster, flashlight, training/practice all take money. You have a solid gun now learn to shoot it and let that experience lead you to the next purchase. My guess is that you will eventually want to look at other affordable handguns that might cost slightly more then $350.

I am in Seymour. Be happy to help you out if you need it.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    Honestly unless you need the second gun right away I woulud just buy some more magazines and ammo for your SR9c. I am a big fan of the SR9c and consider it to be a best value. The SR9c with the 17 round magazines and grip sleeves handles very similarly to a full size gun.

I don't know what your situation is with guns and gear so I don't want to speak out of turn. But the gun itself is just one part of the whole system. Extra magazines, belt, holster, flashlight, training/practice all take money. You have a solid gun now learn to shoot it and let that experience lead you to the next purchase. My guess is that you will eventually want to look at other affordable handguns that might cost slightly more then $350.

I am in Seymour. Be happy to help you out if you need it.

I already have a few extra magazines for the 9c. That was one reason i was thinking about sticking with the ruger platform. I have been thinking about the m&p but I don't know if it's worth the extra 100 bucks. I'm just wanting a full size 9 to carry when I'm in the woods.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Having a small, concealable gun that matches your full size handgun is great. If you really like your 9c, stick with the platform.

With that said, guns are like golf. First, you need the equipment, then you need (quality) instruction. A shooting range is like a driving range: good practice, but it's only one aspect of the overall game. If you have not taken a (quality) training class, I would really encourage you to spend your money there. Until you get training, you don't know what you don't know!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I already have a few extra magazines for the 9c. That was one reason i was thinking about sticking with the ruger platform. I have been thinking about the m&p but I don't know if it's worth the extra 100 bucks. I'm just wanting a full size 9 to carry when I'm in the woods.

Yes the M&P is a step up from the SR9. Both are fine guns.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

I have used the SR9c and the SR9e, but have carried the M&P. IMO, the M&P is worth the $100.

Top Bottom