• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Does anyone know of a gun shop that has one of these I can handle and see how it feels? Preferably on the north side but any place is fine. If anyone has (or has had) one of these and can give me your thoughts about them I would appreciate the feedback too.

i am considering one but want to feel it in my hand and look it over first.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I believe the Indiana Gun Club may have one at the moment, just call and ask them they are one of the best gun shops in the state I think. H&K makes a cool gun for sure but at around $1000 for plastic, 8 rounds in the magazine, crappy trigger and about the same size as a Glock 19 there are much better options out there. Myself personally I would just carry my Bobtailed Commander and get a slimmer gun in the same caliber with the exact same capacity myself.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    The HK45c is a great gun. Different trigger options, pic rail, backstraps, blah blah blah. I've found that if you want to carry it cocked and locked, it is a great alternative to something like a 1911 that is heavier. It is thicker than other options and has less capacity than some, however, it's an exceptionally reliable and accurate option (like many others). If you aren't considering carrying it, I would consider the full size HK45. It is rather large, but much more ergonomic than it's little brother. The texture is more "grippy" than the compact, although the 45c never felt like it was going to go flying out of my smaller hands. The only drawback I saw in it was the capacity.

If you look around the classifieds or other forums, you can find a slightly used 45c from the 800-850 price range. And to me, that's a good price for the features you get with HK.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I believe the Indiana Gun Club may have one at the moment, just call and ask them they are one of the best gun shops in the state I think. H&K makes a cool gun for sure but at around $1000 for plastic, 8 rounds in the magazine, crappy trigger and about the same size as a Glock 19 there are much better options out there. Myself personally I would just carry my Bobtailed Commander and get a slimmer gun in the same caliber with the exact same capacity myself.

Thanks, I will check and see if they have one. Again, not completely sure I will purchase one, but am considering it!

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    The HK45c is a great gun. Different trigger options, pic rail, backstraps, blah blah blah. I've found that if you want to carry it cocked and locked, it is a great alternative to something like a 1911 that is heavier. It is thicker than other options and has less capacity than some, however, it's an exceptionally reliable and accurate option (like many others). If you aren't considering carrying it, I would consider the full size HK45. It is rather large, but much more ergonomic than it's little brother. The texture is more "grippy" than the compact, although the 45c never felt like it was going to go flying out of my smaller hands. The only drawback I saw in it was the capacity.

If you look around the classifieds or other forums, you can find a slightly used 45c from the 800-850 price range. And to me, that's a good price for the features you get with HK.

Ahhh, another option I will consider. Thanks for your feedback!

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    IMO, only way to go with a HK45(c), is with the LEM (light) trigger. Have it and a P2000. When going cocked and locked around the homestead, a Dan Wesson VBob (8+1) gets the role. If could have one H&K in .45acp, it would be my choice (again).

Top Bottom