• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I know there are a lot of GM haters here but I found some decent deals in the used case today in Avon:

Glock 23 - Glock sights, custom backplate, rubber grip sleeve - $349

HK USP 40 - Decent condition - $449

S&W 629 44mag - 10 5/8" barrel, decent condition - $499

No affiliation with them, just thought they were good deals for a fellow INGO'er.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I go there to fondle, lol since the inventory is pretty good.

I was looking for a particular 22lr plinkster and went there to get a feel for one. They had it, more than I wanted to pay....
    ... Down to the used section, hey, there's the same rifle...

... Get a price check and it was $10 More than they sold them brand new for.

I asked for a free mag, lower price, no they said, someone dropped the ball when we bought this one...and the price stands...

... So I really got a bad taste over that one...

But I have bought a couple of long guns from them, and they price matched, ended up being a pretty decent deal...

Its a toss up, lol.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You have to do your homework. I got a great deal on an FNH FNS-9 at the GM in the Fort. Priced on the shelf at $625. I negotiated and they price-matched $525. It showed a different price when they scanned the bar code on the box. I finally bought it for $475+tax. They even had the manager confirm it, just to be sure.

Do your homework. Talk to the salesman. Take in evidence of other options, like Bud's price and the price at an LGS. YMMV, but it is worth the effort. Worst that can happen is you identify the weapon you want and the price you want to pay online.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Last year I found a Tanfoglio, BTA90 at GM(Fort Wayne) for 225+tax, 3 factory mags and the box. I've found it's worth checking out LGS's, in the last year I've also found a Kimber micro carry 380 for $400.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Gander is really weird. While their new prices are universally high, their used can randomly be really good.

I went there once a few years back, looking for a longer barrel for my Benelli Nova (which is sporting an 18" HD barrel) for shooting skeet/clays. They quoted me $400 for the barrel, which was more than I paid for my Nova by about $50. So, I turned that down. On my way out, I perused the used section, and found a Benelli Nova with a 26" barrel and a full set of chokes for $225. It looked almost brand new. So, I just bought the second Nova.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I really haven't found any good deals from Gander Mtn. since everything is at MSRP. Really no point in buying stuff from them. Their used guns vary, but are usually not that great.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've seen some good deals on used guns at gander, but their new prices are always laughable with exception of some sales. It's always worth checking the used section when in there though, or when killing time...

Gander is really weird. While their new prices are universally high, their used can randomly be really good.

I went there once a few years back, looking for a longer barrel for my Benelli Nova (which is sporting an 18" HD barrel) for shooting skeet/clays. They quoted me $400 for the barrel, which was more than I paid for my Nova by about $50. So, I turned that down. On my way out, I perused the used section, and found a Benelli Nova with a 26" barrel and a full set of chokes for $225. It looked almost brand new. So, I just bought the second Nova.

This is awesome! I love to hear of things working like this! Plus picking up another Benelli is always a good day!

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    One good thing about GM, they guarantee their used guns for 30 days, just bring it back and they will fix it if there is a problem.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I really haven't found any good deals from Gander Mtn. since everything is at MSRP. Really no point in buying stuff from them. Their used guns vary, but are usually not that great.

Dicker with them! They will price match, too. Just have to know what other shops in the area are asking for the same firearm.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I can't make myself bargain with them even if they price match. If a local gun store is beating ganders price by $50 or more and that is not unusual, I don't want to give gander my business. My local gun store probably don't have the buying power of gander with all their stores so in theory they probably are not buying guns as cheap as gander but are still selling them for way less while gander is bending you over. I would rather do my part to keep the local guy in business because if they are gone you are stuck with gander and nobody to price match.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    ... Get a price check and it was $10 More than they sold them brand new for.

I asked for a free mag, lower price, no they said, someone dropped the ball when we bought this one...and the price stands...

This just shows how stupidly run some businesses are. So you made a mistake and gave someone way too much on trade. Does that make it worth more on the market? Is that mistake worth insulting your customers (by charging more for a used gun) and having the gun sit in the case for months only to end up being sold at a loss anyway??

Anyone with experience in buying used cars, buying real estate, or any other such commodity will echo the idea:the money is made on the *buy*, not on the sale. You simply can't count on selling things far above market value-- not when there is a lot of supply of the item and people have unprecedented ability to access information about that supply.

Pawn brokers know this well, which is why they give dimes on the dollar for guns in most cases (pun intended).

H

Top Bottom