• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ahh, yes..pulling...yes, that one.

I'd google around a bit before buying a bunch of ammo for it. Blazer aluminum and Federal Champion are two that have reported to be easily affected by bullet pulling. There's more, but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Check out Yankee Marshal on Youtube -- he had this happen on one of his first outings with an LCR 9mm and made a quick video about it.

"Jumping the crimp" (or "bullet pulling") is one of the drawbacks of using not-typical-revolver rounds in a revolver, since those rounds typically don't need that strong of a crimp

I wonder if you asked Ruger for recommendations on ammo if they'd respond??? Maybe worth an email to find out

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bullet pulling is caused by poor quality ammo manufacturing standards and is greatly increased by firing it in flyweight revolvers with very little mass. If you plan on carrying this LCR be very sure of your ammo. The crimp actually has very little to do with holding the bullet in place. Neck tension is what holds it in place (unless you're using a SWC with a deep crimp groove). If you are using jacketed bullets then the neck tension better be tight or no amount of crimp will hold that bullet in place. Personally I would NEVER trust mass produced factory ammo in a flyweight revolver. You could test it by loading one chamber and leaving it in there while firing several cylinders worth and then measuring that one round. Inertia is a powerful thang. Any detectable movement whatsoever makes it a serious risk with a carry gun.

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Bullet pulling is caused by poor quality ammo manufacturing standards and greatly increased by firing it in flyweight revolvers with very little mass. If you plan on carrying this LCR be very sure of your ammo. The crimp actually has very little to do with holding the bullet in place. Neck tension is what holds it in place (unless you're using a SWC with a deep crimp groove). If you are using jacketed bullets then the neck tension better be tight or no amount of crimp will hold that bullet in place. Personally I would NEVER trust mass produced factory ammo in a flyweight revolver. You could test it by loading one chamber and leaving it in there while firing several cylinders worth and then measuring that one round. Inertia is a powerful thang. Any detectable movement whatsoever makes it a serious risk with a carry gun.

I'd like to change my previous answer to ^^ THIS ^^

Good info

Top Bottom