• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I had the girlfriend out shooting her Taurus today and she had some of my reloads have a light strike on the primer. I thought it was the rounds, been using the same load for 10 years with no issues. I was shooting the same rounds in my Kimber without issue. I took the rounds that didn't fire in her gun and shot them in my gun with no issues. I believe it is the gun. I have been reloading for 30 years and never seen this before. Anyone ever see this before? The gun has about 5000 rounds thru it without any trouble. IMG_3015.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know of 3 situations that can happen in.

Extreme overpressure.
    Such excessive hard firing pin strike it goes through the primer.
    And reloading old cases that have a worn out primer pocket, getting lots of gas blow by.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Firing Pin???

To me, it looks like the firing pin is making a hole in the primer. It should place a round dent, not a sharp hole in the primer.

As long as you are sure of the quality of your loads-no loose primer pockets etc., I would replace the firing pin with a Wilson "Bullet Proof" pin. While you are there, due to the 5K rounds through this pistol, I would go ahead and replace the firing pin spring and the recoil spring...Bill.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    Thanks, the brass has been reloaded a lot. I will trash the brass and start a new batch. Im going to replace the springs and pin as well.

Top Bottom