• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So I was at the NRA Meeting this past weekend, and I was really excited to handle the new CZ P-01's with the swappable safety/decocker. I like the omega triggers, and the ability to swap in the non polymer guns is just great. However, what I found was that the flat looking trigger bends WELL past 90 degrees when firing. IMO this creates a really awkward trigger feel as you have a trigger that feels straight breaking at a bizzare backward angle. Does anyone know whether CGW or CZC has plans to fix this? I was excited about buying one as a new CCW, but with that trigger I'm out.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Am sure you can put the old style curved trigger from the p7, plan on swapping my curved trigger to the flat one to reduce trigger reach along with Cajuns kit to decrease trigger reset by 50%

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got distracted at the CZ booth by all of the Dan Wesson 1911s and forgot to check the P01 Omega. Like the OP, I like the idea of being able to swap from safety to decocker and an Omega P01 would be a good way to go. Hopefully, CGW comes up with a new batch of parts to make it right once they are commonly available.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Am sure you can put the old style curved trigger from the p7, plan on swapping my curved trigger to the flat one to reduce trigger reach along with Cajuns kit to decrease trigger reset by 50%

Are you sure that is the case with the new Omega guns? I haven't seen anything to that extent.

I got distracted at the CZ booth by all of the Dan Wesson 1911s and forgot to check the P01 Omega. Like the OP, I like the idea of being able to swap from safety to decocker and an Omega P01 would be a good way to go. Hopefully, CGW comes up with a new batch of parts to make it right once they are commonly available.

The Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm...DROOL. But yes, I hope there is a fix because those guns could be excellent. As it is I'll sit out until CGW or whomever works some magic. I can't imagine CGW/CZC will leave that trigger in the gun, it is so awkward. The angle is extreme enough that on the DA pull, you will slide down the face of the trigger as you pull. So odd.

Top Bottom