• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Just bought a Bersa 9 today at AAC Guns in Mooresville. Great shop, very fair prices on guns and ammo. I bought this just for plinking... My Bersa 380 I bought last weekend is my new carry. (If any of you haven't noticed on other threads, I prefer to conceal carry at all times). This is the Bersa Thunder 9, 9mm High Capacity. Those are 17 round mags.

bersa9.jpg

Last edited:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Calling for Range Report!! Might be buying one for the Mrs... so we can buy 9mm in bulk.

I'm gonna go fire it either tonight or tomorrow... I'll probably do it tonight after dinner, which will limit me to Don's... but 30 minutes only hurts about 15$ at Don's... which sucks but I simply have to fire it the first day I own it, ya know?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I love it, fires great... I put 100 rounds through it just now... and it fires nice. The recoil isn't bad, didn't jam, I cleaned it before firing... it takes down easy, it takes down as easy as the 380 however it puts together a bit slower as getting the spring and what not back is a bit of a trick... took me 5 minutes to figure the trick out as the manual wasn't much help. Hopefully I put it back together faster here after I clean it in a bit.

Oh I should add that the 'trick' is putting the spring and guide in the RIGHT way, and not backwards as I tried doing for 15 minutes before realizing what I was doing.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ryan I'm curious as to why the 9 will be your plinking gun and not the other way around? Too impractical to carry?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Ryan I'm curious as to why the 9 will be your plinking gun and not the other way around? Too impractical to carry?

The fact that 380 rounds are about usually a few dollars more a box than 9mm rounds, so just more cost-effective... and you just can't conceal a 9mm... at least not this size the way I'd like to.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I conceal carry a Glock 19 almost every day, save for going to work. A lot of it does depend on the type of holster you use. You might want to check these guys out.

Welcome to our online store

I have their "Low Rider" for my Glock 19, although they do make holsters for other makes/models. It might seem pricey at $50, but I couldn't see myself CC'ing in any other holster. It's comfortable, it conceals beautifully, and you can wear it all day without even noticing it's there.

I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom