• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm just curious if anyone has done a comparison between these two pocket pistols. I once had an LCP, and while it wasn't the most fun to shoot, it was 100% reliable and did its job exceptionally well. The little Remington looks like a neat little package, so I'm wondering how it compares to the LCP. Trigger, feel, slide manipulation, sights, shootability?

Just curious. I'm not looking to buy one. I just love to read about guns!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't watched the video, and I'm not familiar with the channel. Just something that popped up after a quick YouTube search.

[video=youtube_share;k3G_rzWzoo0]http://youtu.be/k3G_rzWzoo0[/video]

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    It's been a minute since I've held the RM380 and can't remember too many details other than I wasn't impressed. I do however like the LCP especially the newer model with the better sights and trigger.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Having shot the Ruger LCP and the Kel Tec P3AT, but only handled the Remington, take this with a grain of salt... But in my opinion:

LCP = P3AT
    Either of those > RM380

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I pocket carry an LCP most of the time. Conceals nicely in a desantis nemesis pocket holster. The trigger on the newer ones is much better than the old ones. Tough to beat the price now too. I believe they can be had for around $200 new, more if you want the "custom" with the red trigger and real sights.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I pocket carry an LCP most of the time. Conceals nicely in a desantis nemesis pocket holster. The trigger on the newer ones is much better than the old ones. Tough to beat the price now too. I believe they can be had for around $200 new, more if you want the "custom" with the red trigger and real sights.

I just picked up a new LCP a couple weeks ago during a Ruger sale at Point Blank in Carmel for $214 out the door.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you're talking LCPs, make sure you are talking about Gen 2 LCPs. Gen 2's have bigger sights and the trigger is so much better than Gen 1's.

I am sure the RM380 is a decent gun, but I think people still don't forget the R51 debacle. The LCP is still a little lighter and (probably) cheaper, so that would be my choice. My LCP has never failed me and is one of my favorite carry guns.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yeah, I had an LCP gen 1 and although the trigger was a pain, it still was a great gun for its purpose, just not a good range gun. Good to hear the gen 2 is improved.

The Remington is a slightly changed version of a gun actually designed by a company Remington acquired. My understanding is that it was a very expensive gun, but a solid design, and Remington simply improved it, but didn't screw up what was good about it.

I know about the R51 and was disappointed it didn't go well. I really wanted one. That said, I've got a Remington R1 stainless 1911 that turned out to be one of the nicest 1911's I've shot, so I've hung onto it. The trigger is outstanding, and the slide moves like butter. The fitment of the slide is tight, too, and it is very accurate. Hopefully, Remington has enough egg on its face to be very careful in the future with R&D and quality control when rolling out new guns. I've read they've made major changes in their operation, but time will tell. I hope their little gun is a success. They need it, and we don't need Big Green to be a bust or go under.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    New LCP Custom is really nice. Bigger sights and aluminum trigger.

3981479_03_nib_ruger_lcp_380_custom_w_dav_640.jpg

Stock photo...

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    have had the the keltec .32 and the 380 and the first gen LCP, all no fun to practice with. finally found the cw380, great to shoot, easy to carry in an Alabama pocket holster.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My experience with the Ruger Gen 1 LCP led me to purchase the Taurus TCP. Yes, using the Taurus was better than the Ruger. It surprised me, too. Since the TCP is not a great pistol, that says a great deal about the Ruger Gen 1. If the Gen 2 is significantly improved it may be a good piece. The TCP still works every time, but it is no fun to shoot.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    My experience with the Ruger Gen 1 LCP led me to purchase the Taurus TCP. Yes, using the Taurus was better than the Ruger. It surprised me, too. Since the TCP is not a great pistol, that says a great deal about the Ruger Gen 1. If the Gen 2 is significantly improved it may be a good piece. The TCP still works every time, but it is no fun to shoot.

The gen 2 is miles better than the gen 1. I would like to shoot one of the "custom" models.

Top Bottom