• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am going to say I have only regretted buying one firearm and I no longer have it. So I may over research before buying. I was thinking about a Range officer. Until I found out sight options are limited. I like XS big dots. They took some getting used to and some practice but I like them up to 30 yards. Looks likje a set for a range officer is about $200. Add for front strap checkering and time to have the mods done so maybe spending a little more up front is worth it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just get a loaded.
    Or a TRP and be done with it.

The MC Operator has nice night sites on it.

Every 1911 I buy is with the knowledge I am going to modify it in some way. Every one.

Bought an MC Operator today NIB unfired from original owner. Yup, have 2 of them. Now what to do to it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just get a loaded.

Every 1911 I buy is with the knowledge I am going to modify it in some way. Every one.

Bought an MC Operator today NIB unfired from original owner. Yup, have 2 of them. Now what to do to it.

I am about there TRP no rail. It has all the things I would like and the price is although expensive is not over the top.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just get a loaded.

Every [STRIKE]1911[/STRIKE] mechanical device I buy is with the knowledge I am going to modify it in some way. Every one.

Fixy :)

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Just accept that its easier/cheaper to buy a known and established model and have the minor modifications you want done, rather than search and overpay for a model that happens to be exactly what you want from the beginning. This is the downside of having so many options. Its not exactly the same but it makes me think of the people that buy a gun because it has some really cool Cerakote color, Id rather just buy the gun I want and have it coated myself.

Top Bottom