• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Brand new glock 19 gen 4 mos. Ejecting at 5 and 6 o'clock. Putting rounds over my head, over my shoulder, into my shoulder, and into my face.

[video=youtube;CbN4EsXLYtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbN4EsXLYtA[/video]

After this I called glock. Talked to a Kevin Maddox.

I won't go into how the first CS agent at glock treated me. Let's just say I waited two weeks for a shipping label to never come.

In that time I took the pistol to an armorer and paid to have the ejector and extractor replaced. Pistol was still doing the same thing.

Called back and talked to an agent named Anthony. I originally called to talk to a supervisor named William Carmichael, but he never returned my call. :dunno:

Anthony sent me a label and the gun went back on tuesday. It was return the following tuesday, today. In the box was a slip of paper, and it doesn't give any specifics of what they did to fix it.

Took it to the range promptly and this is the results.

Six shots to 5 o'clock, then two over my head, one into my forehead, and one over head again.
    [video=youtube;_VxSsBUBab0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxSsBUBab0[/video]

Then there's this gem. It's starting to eject to the left.
    [video=youtube;y3N026i79i8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3N026i79i8[/video]

I called again and got ahold of Anthony. He said they replaced extractor and extractor plunger assembly, put 6 magazines of blazer through it, 4 of gold dot and some of something else I can't remember off hand, and told me it was fine.

He agreed to another shipping label to send it back in once I said I had video of it doing it.

So I ask. Me or gun? :dunno:

Also, not my first glock. Have an older model 23 I've put thousands through, and not a single problem with it.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I'm told the Gen 4s have an endemic issue of erratic ejection. I've personally experienced it, as has my wife.

I dont think about it much I'll admit. It ejects, albeit all over the place.

A fellow INGOer I spoke to at my LGS told me he'd just installed an Apex extractor and spring to address the issue, and it apparently worked.

I just shoot it and go on. YMMV.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    This will sound like a stupid question but I have to ask. Does it do this with different magazines?

Originally, as in before any kind of fix was attempted, I tried every magazine.

The second go around, I used, I believe, two of them. Anthony from glock said they tested all mags.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I'm told the Gen 4s have an endemic issue of erratic ejection. I've personally experienced it, as has my wife.

I dont think about it much I'll admit. It ejects, albeit all over the place.

A fellow INGOer I spoke to at my LGS told me he'd just installed an Apex extractor and spring to address the issue, and it apparently worked.

I just shoot it and go on. YMMV.

Notice the bandana in the second session videos. I'm going to make wearing brown bandanas the "Brass to face gang" colors. :):

Maybe glock should issue face shields with these?:dunno:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This was the sole reason I sold my Gen. 4 19. It threw brass directly in my face, at least 3 or 4 per mag. I bought that gun for self defense, and thought to myself, what if it throws brass in my face when I am trying to fight?
    It could be just enough of a distraction to cost me my life.
    I do carry a Glock, a Gen 3 31 in .357sig.
    I doubt I will ever give another Gen. 4 Glock a chance, there have just been too many issues with Gen. 4 Glocks in general. They shouldn't have messed with a good thing, they started using M.I.M. parts, and also made the slide finish less durable.
    Glock has lost my business.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Doesn't happen very often but every once in awhile I catch a piece of hot brass on the forehead from my standard Gen 3 19. I have no idea why, I just make sure I've got a good pair of glasses with me.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    M&P's land it on my bill cap 90% of the time. Down my wife shirt about half the time. It's all good.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Is yours a USA made Gen 4?
    I have witnessed 2 G4 19s do this. Both USA guns.
    I carry a Gen 4 19 Austria gun with no problem on ejection.
    I've heard the ejection to the face can be cured with after market parts. Glock screwed the pooch this time

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    M&P's land it on my bill cap 90% of the time. Down my wife shirt about half the time. It's all good.

None of my M&Ps did this. For that matter, none of my semi autos have ever done this.

Brass hitting me in the face is not a good thing.

Is yours a USA made Gen 4?
    I have witnessed 2 G4 19s do this. Both USA guns.
    I carry a Gen 4 19 Austria gun with no problem on ejection.
    I've heard the ejection to the face can be cured with after market parts. Glock screwed the pooch this time

Not stamped USA on slide, so I'm assuming austrian made.

And buying parts to fix a new gun is not an option. Refuse to beta test firearms.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    just traded my M&P9c in for a gen 4 19 after shooting my buddies, put a couple hundred through it last Saturday and didn't notice any erratic ejections. wonder if its just QC issue, though I imagine if Glock replaced the extractor that would have taken care of it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It's not really malfunctioning though. The brass is getting stripped from the chamber to load a new round...

ANYWAY, I had this issue with a gen 3 19. Mine was ejecting every which way. I had some going at 3, some at 6, some at 5. What made me send it in BOTH times was that with my EDC ammo (Hornady critical duty 135gr) the cases were actually ejecting to 12 oclock about every third round. I had the video on my old phone...however, I will tell you what I see...

First and foremost, I am not a shooting expert, these are things that I noticed when I was watching you that you can fix and try...

Video #1-hop on a PC, and watch this video at 0.25x speed. You will notice your left hand not moving much in recoil, your right wrist breaking, and causing your right elbow to absorb the recoil. I would imagine your shots weren't in the bull for this either.

Video #2- You can REALLY see that you are not locking that right wrist, AND you can see the recoil impulse in the right arm, and zero on the left.

Video #3- Again, zero recoil on the left side, gun is recoiling out of you grip with the left hand.

Your gun might be like mine, and actually might need to be fixed, when the round went forward, I also had a failure to feed. BUT it IS extracting rounds, so technically it isn't broken...

Squeeze the **** out of that smoke wagon. Squeeze it so hard your sights start shaking, then let off until they aren't. Then isolate the trigger finger and slowly pull the trigger to the rear. I like to think of it like I am arm wrestling myself, and cheating by locking both my wrists with a gun in between.

[video=youtube;tMzQIHN-LiI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzQIHN-LiI[/video]

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    It's not really malfunctioning though. The brass is getting stripped from the chamber to load a new round...

I've shot thousands of rounds through my g23 and never had one go over my head or in my face.

You're telling me a 9 is more snappy than 40?

-edit-

I'm watching those vids half speed, and do not see my wrist breaking at all.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    I had this issue with. Gen 3 19,me being. Left hand shooter made is worst, I don't have the issue with any other semi autos.
    in the end I traded all the Glocks away.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've shot thousands of rounds through my g23 and never had one go over my head or in my face.

I'm telling you to watch the video slowed down. You asked for if it's the gun or you. I'm telling you, from the videos, your left hand isn't grasping the gun hard enough. I have actually had glock replace an ejector. I've yet to see any real data on gen 4's having issues other than the RSA issues. I'm telling you it is you. I watched the video in slow mo.

You wanted to know, I told you. I tried to tell you not to get butthurt about it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Also, I currently own 3 g19's. 1 gen 3 that got sent back and the ejector replaced. An OLD police trade in 19 that hasn't given me ANY grief. And a gen 4 MOS, that also, has been flawless.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County

-edit-

40 naturally runs the gun harder. I'd suspect that extra energy of slide movement and such contributes to more consistency in ejection patterns.

I wonder, does your gun do this with full-powered defensive ammo, as compared to the (I assume) lower-powered range fodder you're likely running in your vids?

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I'm telling you to watch the video slowed down. You asked for if it's the gun or you. I'm telling you, from the videos, your left hand isn't grasping the gun hard enough. I have actually had glock replace an ejector. I've yet to see any real data on gen 4's having issues other than the RSA issues. I'm telling you it is you. I watched the video in slow mo.

You wanted to know, I told you. I tried to tell you not to get butthurt about it.

If the ejection problems with the gen 4 glocks aren't a real issue, why did apex bring out a 60$ extractor to fix it?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

-edit-

Tell me why your left arm has no jiggle jaggle then. And why your right wrist has so much radial "flexion" if you will. Your left side sees ZERO recoil impulse. Watch the energy travel through your right arm and NOT your left arm.

Your Fortay reciprocates fast enough to counter your breaking wrist. 9mm is less forgiving because the recoil impulse is less. It's not "snappier" as you put it, it's lower pressure which results in a slower reciprocating slide.

Top Bottom