• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    So, I'm looking at getting my first full size 9mm semi-auto. I'm stuck between the 9E and the SD9VE. I need to stick with something fairly inexpensive (read, "I'm broke!" :) ). Right now, I can get both for right around $300 online (plus shipping, FFL fees, etc.). I am aware that the 9E only comes with one mag (another $20-$50), but I really like the slide-mounted safety. However, I've heard a lot of good things about the SD9VE, as well. I just wanted to hear some feedback from people who have shot/owned one or the other or both. Good, bad, indifferent. Thanks so much!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've had both and kept the 9E and sold the VE. I liked the trigger a lot better on the 9E and it seemed to have a better feel. Both counts made it more accurate for me.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    The guy shootong next to me at thr range the other day had both out and said that the 9E seemed picky with ammo. He had tried multiple brands of ammo and he said more than half gave him problems .
    I think that sounds like a mag or ejector issue, but he was certain it was the ammo.
    Look on other forums also.

The s&w is basic, but it works reliably for my friends who shoot them

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The guy shootong next to me at thr range the other day had both out and said that the 9E seemed picky with ammo. He had tried multiple brands of ammo and he said more than half gave him problems .
    I think that sounds like a mag or ejector issue, but he was certain it was the ammo.
    Look on other forums also.

The s&w is basic, but it works reliably for my friends who shoot them

I'd tend to agree that it was likely an issue with his specific setup. The Ruger SR series are not known for being ammo-picky.

Top Bottom