• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    Stopped in the lgs today they had a pmr 30 in stock. I almost gave in and bought one, I have had an eye out for one for several years and they are never in stock today they had 3, in the display case. I was a tad short on cash in my pocket and came real close to putting it on my c/c. Decided to wait few weeks and see if I really need it, I will have enough cash by then.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I think you made the right decision. Never hurts to give it some more thought as to what direction to take your collection.

I think less is more when it comes to guns anyhow. I sold a bunch off and only have a few calibers now. Best decision I ever made. No more urges now and I am a much better marksman using the same guns and same scopes on a consistent basis.

I see lots of people at the range and they have a different gun every time I see them. They never hit anything and always have an excuse and hardly any ammo.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I know the feeling. There's an Xdm Comp model in the ads for sale right now that I've had my eye on, but going to wait to make up my mind-Do I really need another????:):

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    You are to be commended, or pitied. Time will tell.

I would be turning it over in my hands in an extended state of fondle right now if I would have seen them. But that's just me.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think you made the right decision. Never hurts to give it some more thought as to what direction to take your collection.

I think less is more when it comes to guns anyhow. I sold a bunch off and only have a few calibers now. Best decision I ever made. No more urges now and I am a much better marksman using the same guns and same scopes on a consistent basis.

I see lots of people at the range and they have a different gun every time I see them. They never hit anything and always have an excuse and hardly any ammo.

I have to say there is a lot of wisdom in this...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Point Blank had a bunch of them in a bunch of colors on a one day (today) only flash sale $349.99. Very tempting but I already have too many calibers.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I have had a similar dilemma. At the end of the day I figure if I haven't purchased it already but am having a inner dialogue on it then it wont hurt to wait. Although in my quest for a new carry piece I have noticed a lot of deals drying up... but it's a nice piece you passed on I don't think you will be hurt too bad by it. and you have the money.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Damn, Everytime I think about thinning the herd, the calibers I only have one in is just 30 carbine (1943 Winchester that I cannot bring myself to sell) and 7.62 x 39 (SKS, tough and reliable as they come).

The carbine would be an excellent gun for my wife or daughter and the SKS is the perfect loaner to my brother or someone else as necessary. I have a "go to" AR for me, building a longer barrel one for my son, he is getting to be a pretty decent shot, and a suppressed 300 blackout that I am not sure is really necessary but could be useful as hell. Got a couple of 10/22's with threaded barrels for the little Huntertown Arms suppressor I have in the safe.

Sold off the FAL and most of my several thousand round stockpile of 308 I had for it. Wanted to replace all that with 223 and 300 ammo but life got in the way and I needed a good chunk of that cash for emergencies. I will need to setup to reload 300 on my good old single stage press for now so I can cast and load a good accurate heavy thumper round that is nice and quiet.

I would love one of those 22 magnums but I wish they would make a carbine to go with it that would take the same magazines.

radir68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2015
    Plainfield
    I could be wrong but I thought they came out with a carbine version called the CMR (?) I am pretty sure they take the same mags as the pistol. I have the pistol on my gun wish list. Just seems like a bunch of fun

typo31

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Whiteland
    I owned a PMR and hoped to one day find a CMR to go with it since (I can confirm) they take the same mags. My biggest issue was with the mags. It is a pain to load them because double stacking rimfire can cause what KelTec calls rim lock. To load the mags, they tell you to put a few rounds in and then bang the mag on a hard surface (table) to help ensure that the rounds get fully seated to the rear of the mag. I thought I would take it one step further and bang it on the table after every round was put it. This was tedious and loud, but I got it done. Went to the range and one of the mags still ended up with a rim lock scenario that caused a major malfunction in which I was required to remove the mag and really had to work at it to get it unkinked. That being said, it was fun to have 30 rounds in such a compact package. Ok for the range, but not for anything else (in my opinion).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Got to shoot one last week. If i were you i would have snagged it. Very cool piece only complaint i had is that it got incredibly hot after the first mag. But my buddy uses it as a hiking gun and for the price loves it.

Top Bottom