• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Need some good advice about using my 9mm Pro as my EDC. It is stock except for different sights with a 4.25 inch barrel. Smith and Wesson says a 4 to 5 1/2 pound trigger pull from factory. Just curious that saying Pro on it might cause a problem if I had to use it, God forbid I would. Thanks in advance for everyone advice and help.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    I have the pro in 5inch and its just too big to CC so I got the 9c stock trigger for EDC.
    the Pro has a trigger mod. Mine is set at 3.5 &
    on the Bike I carry the pro.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Carry what you're comfortable with. Don't worry about the model of gun if you ever have to use it...just worry about your self preservation.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You won't have any problems. I have a 4.25" Pro and the box was marked as LE. The only difference is the night sights, supposedly the sear and the nice scrolled Pro Series on the side. Mine benefitted from the addition on an APEX Ram to give some feel to the reset. I also had to drop in a different barrel because the stock one didn't group well. I'm not sure the regular run of the mill M&Ps don't all use the same sear they used to put in the Pro Series guns.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I carry a standard full size M&P 9. The whole thing about litigation and such is much exaggerated. A good shoot is a good shoot. Where folks could run I to an issue is if it's a questionable shoot AND you have a non factory war monger type inscription on it. (Like the recent LEO shooting where the LEO had the not so nice day g on his dust cover) while that looked bad it was the questionable shoot that sort of got everything brought in. I said that 20 years ago and I still say that now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    1 of the 2 guns I CC is a 5.25 XDm in 9mm. It says MATCH on it a few places as it is a purpose built competition gun. I don't worry too much about things like that that MIGHT happen after a SD use of a firearm. I'm very good with that pistol and it holds 20 rounds.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No, at least in criminal charging decision it's completely irrelevant. Civil, anything could be argued, but still not a real issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All of my triggers are lighter than that. The goal, if God forbid you have to use it, is to be able to be part of the discussion after.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Need some good advice about using my 9mm Pro as my EDC. It is stock except for different sights with a 4.25 inch barrel. Smith and Wesson says a 4 to 5 1/2 pound trigger pull from factory. Just curious that saying Pro on it might cause a problem if I had to use it, God forbid I would. Thanks in advance for everyone advice and help.
    Don't worry about it; its not like you are adding a "punisher" rear slide cover and carrying "RIP" ammo.

stoutguinness

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Carmel
    I carry a 9c (apex per trigger, night sights, etc) and I went through a few different holsters before landing on the gcode/incog holster. Along with my 5.11 carry belt (looks like a normal business casual belt) this carry set up melts away in the waistband.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Truth.

I carried a full size M&P for a couple of years. A quality belt and holster goes a long way in carrying a firearm comfortably.

I use a belt from Beltman and a MTAC holster from Comp-tac.

beltman and MTAC. Works for commander sized 1911s and Glock 23s as well. Great way to carry a medium sized service pistol.

Top Bottom