Buddy is convinced that CZ is the best pistol on the market...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    My buddy tells me CZ handguns are the way to go, better than all the rest because of their accuracy, which is a result of the Slide rail construction/mechanics. Wish I had known this before I bought a few handguns :):

Are there better manufacturers, who has the best quality and performance? I assume the higher the price, the better the quality of product. Correct? Help educate this newb.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is CZ the best manufacturer? Hard to say, but I'd probably say that they are close to the top, but not the best manufacturer. Do the make the worlds best 9mm service pistols? In my opinion, they sure do. Whether you are shooting the classic 75B, or one of the many world class newer models, it's hard to find a better service pistol in either 9mm or .40. My current favorite carry pistol is the P01, with a P07 coming up a close second. They have a really good .45 also, but it still comes up short when compared to a 1911.

CZ is definitely good to go.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    "Best" is as subjective term that really has no meaning regarding the quality, use, etc of an item. That is why 5 coffee shops in one town can all claim they have the best coffee in town. "Best" is not a measurable term. It is a word that will illicit opinions.

What is "best" for me may not be "best" for you.

I have not drunk the Koolaid as they say and my nephew is turning into quite the IDPA competitor shooting CZ's but I still don't own one. For the purposes I had in mind, a Sig P226 fit the bill and was my "best" choice.

However, if you read enough opinions you will start to formulate your own idea of what you want. And whatever that is, whether a CZ or not, that will be your "best"!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yes, they are the best. All the other gun companies have given up and are shutting their companies down.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    CZ makes some nice guns. Definitely Upper-middle class quality and very customizable.
    Out of the box stock, pretty nice, but not stellar.
    Fully "cajunized" with Cajun Gun Works parts, and they really shine.
    One of the most accurate 9mm pistols I ever shot is The Wizzard's fully Cajunized CZ75 Shadow.

The CZ75 compact (PCR) is a way under rated carry gun. Quite nice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have some really good friends that may put me in check for saying this but no. They are not the "Best" out of the box.
    That said, with the proper attention to detail and a few nice parts they become some very serious shooters.
    I have owned more than a few that were done full house and yes, hard to beat. Very hard.
    I still have a 97 that is just an amazing pistol. It is as accurate as any of my 1911's. It is one of CGW's full monti offerings.

Out of the box.............They need some work. JMHO of course.

OK, I am reporting to detention now.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I've handled and shot them and still don't get it. Nothing wrong with them, appear to be very high quality but certainly, IMHO, not to die for. If you can take a Glock, M&P OR CZ and run several shots in the same hole at 7 yards the only thing that can make one better than the other is how it feels in your hand. They appear to be mechanically more complicated that a Glock or M&P and I don't believe reliability to be an issue with any of them so what am I missing that makes them so popular?
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've never bothered to buy one. I've found it's cheaper to just go shooting with Birds and the Wizard. I get to shoot all the BEST CZs that way. :rockwoot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are there better manufacturers, who has the best quality and performance? I assume the higher the price, the better the quality of product. Correct? Help educate this newb.

Objectively? Yes, there are better. Korth for one: Korth arms HOME

The beauty of guns is that the subjective is objective. Don't be pressured to buy what others have. Buy what you like.

More importantly, buy hardware based on your software. Go to (gun) school. Let your training dictate what you buy.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Objectively? Yes, there are better. Korth for one: Korth arms HOME

The beauty of guns is that the subjective is objective. Don't be pressured to buy what others have. Buy what you like.

More importantly, buy hardware based on your software. Go to (gun) school. Let your training dictate what you buy.

I don't think I could shoot a $6,000 revolver. :faint:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My buddy tells me CZ handguns are the way to go, better than all the rest because of their accuracy, which is a result of the Slide rail construction/mechanics. Wish I had known this before I bought a few handguns :):

CZ is a great option and a very reliable, when it comes to accuracy it depends 99% on the person rather than the gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    CZs are not the best. Actually, there is no "best". There are many quality handguns available and CZs are just one of several quality manufacturers. For me, CZs have the greatest potential. But, it you are unwilling or unable to invest or are skittish about a light, clean trigger break then it is just one of many good, quality guns.

Top Bottom