• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    Finally made up my mind to get a Sti 2011 to shoot uspsa and steel. Help me out with how many mags I need and the capacity for uspsa limited. I'll probably get an edge in 40 though I'm not a huge 40 fan. Are there really any dealers around? Would love to try one before I buy but I love my 1911 Sti. I'm sure an edge would be just as good. For those that shoot 40 for shooting sports, what bullet weight do you shoot? Thx

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've got six mags, 2 would work 50% of the time, 3 would work 90+% of the time, 4 is better for that stage where you plan on dumping a mag early & then have an issue and end up dumping one unplanned. 6 makes it so that I can skip reloading between stages sometimes, comes in handy. Also makes it nice for the day when you seem to be having an issue with one of your other mags.

Regardless of what your mag capacity is, more is better. Most start out at 18 and then spend stupid amounts of money to bump them another round or three.

165 and 180 grain is popular, most folks load the STI's a bit long (1.18 + ).

Do not know about stocking dealers in your part of the state. Come to a USPSA match and likely you will see somebody carrying what you are looking for.

Top Bottom