• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Picked up a Glock 19 MOS about a month ago after debating whether or not to just mill the slide on my G19 Gen 3. Because my G19 Gen 3 was my first ever handgun, I wanted to keep it stock. Since I was buying the G19 MOS to put an RMR on, I decided to go ahead and fully trick it out. Added a Lone Wolf threaded barrel, a Crimson Trace Lightguard, and Trijicon suppressor height night sights and the custom backplate I put on all my Glocks. Got Harvey's Holster's to make me two custom holsters (one IWB, one OWB) at the last Marion Co Fairground Gun Show. Looking to make this my EDC for fall/winter.

Anyway....wanted to share with INGO. Hope you dig it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Not quite all of them. Going to put a lasermax guide rod laser in it and a Zev drop in trigger. Then I think all the bells and whistles will be covered ��

Last edited:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Posts like these are starting to sway me to the Glock side (apologies to my 1911 roots)! Nice!

Pughead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Just throwing this out there, I had the lasermax guide rod for my 21 and after 3 rds you couldn't see the laser because of the carbon build up. Not trying to crush your dreams just save you a couple hundred bucks. You wouldn't think it would get dirty but it did.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Just throwing this out there, I had the lasermax guide rod for my 21 and after 3 rds you couldn't see the laser because of the carbon build up. Not trying to crush your dreams just save you a couple hundred bucks. You wouldn't think it would get dirty but it did.

I have seen 2 of them fall apart. I have never had one, but I knew of a guy that had 2 of them crap out on him.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Good looking pistol but why did you choose the CTC Lightguard over a Surefire XC1/Inforce APL/Streamlight TLR series?

i like the instinctive activation of the CT Lightguard. Never been too good with the front mounted lights. Plus, I plan to carry this and the Lightguard is the slimmest option.

Pughead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I never had problems with it functioning. Actually it held up to several thousand rounds, just had to wipe it off every 3 shots! Exactly 3, no exaggeration.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have seen 2 of them fall apart. I have never had one, but I knew of a guy that had 2 of them crap out on him.

Crazy. I already have one. It's been in my other G19 for about two years. About 1500 rounds through it with the Lasermax guide rod and never had one issue with it not working or getting fouled up.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not quite all of them. Going to put a lasermax guide rod laser in it and a Zev drop in trigger. Then I think all the bells and whistles will be covered ��

So the point of having a red dot sight and a laser pointer on the same gun is.....?

Seems a bit redundant to me but it does look cool.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Definitely a fan of MRDS, but I was thinking the same thing with the laser...

i'm going to install the guide rod laser because I have it already and am "retiring" my other G19 from EDC. I can think of a few scenarios where having the laser sight might be helpful. Like if the RMR malfunctioned, had to shoot with weak hand, had to shoot "from the hip", etc. Probably would not buy a laser to put on it with the RMR, but because I have it...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    *opinion* but before I put a laser on it, I'd slap a light on the bottom. I dig the rmr though, I don't have a pistol with one, but I've shot many and they are nice!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Crazy. I already have one. It's been in my other G19 for about two years. About 1500 rounds through it with the Lasermax guide rod and never had one issue with it not working or getting fouled up.

We've seen a few at our night shoots. All have had problems with carbon build-up obscuring the laser after a few drills.

The same thing happens with any weapon-mounted light as well, but it takes a lot longer for the carbon to attenuate the light enough to make it non-useful.

So the point of having a red dot sight and a laser pointer on the same gun is.....?

Seems a bit redundant to me but it does look cool.

I can't speak for the owner of the gun, but lasers and red dots have overlapping, but not identical uses. Red dots are faster for shooting, but lasers can be used if for some reason you can bring the gun into your line of sight.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can't speak for the owner of the gun, but lasers and red dots have overlapping, but not identical uses. Red dots are faster for shooting, but lasers can be used if for some reason you can bring the gun into your line of sight.

I actually thought of that a few hours after I made that post. Still not sure I like the lasermax guide rod, but it's not my gun so if it floats his boat then I can dig it.

My personal G19 is my HD gun just a bit differently appointed. G17 mag, Meprolight night sights, and TLR-1.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually thought of that a few hours after I made that post. Still not sure I like the lasermax guide rod, but it's not my gun so if it floats his boat then I can dig it.

My personal G19 is my HD gun just a bit differently appointed. G17 mag, Meprolight night sights, and TLR-1.

That will work too!

Top Bottom