• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I have an Astigmatism and it is difficult for me to put the front sight dead center between the rear sight dots. I have a TRS-25 on a Buckmark and its much easier to shoot- the dot is still “doubled” but it’s a tiny dot and I don’t have to compete with rear sights for my focus. So, I’d like to add a micro rds to my P320sc.

I’ve been researching a bunch and I have a couple of options. The 320Rx is an option, but it may be a while before it’s readily available, and it will only come in Full and Compact, not Subcompact (correct?) Best I could do is a compact installed in a subcompact grip module.
    Another option is to mill my slide, but I’m not really one to do permanent mods and haven’t dealt with recoating a slide before.

So, I am looking into an rds mounted on a dovetail plate in place of the rear sight. So far, I have found 2 plates that will work with a P226 (and thus a P320): a Burris that will fit the Fast Fire 3 and also a Vortex Venom (and I assume a Viper), and a Leupold plate that will fit a Deltapoint and a Redfield Accelerator.

Questions:
    1. What MOA would you choose for a carry gun- seems like 8moa is designed for that, but that would cover up a lot of the target at the range… I’m leaning toward the 3moa(ish).
    2. A Deltapoint is a little salty cost wise, not sure I could justify that (or an RMR if I milled it). So, Fast Fire 3, Vortex, or Accelerator?
    3. Are there any other adapter plates that would work, and open up more options for available sights? It seems that anything that would work on a 226 will also work on a 320.
    4. Anything I am missing?

Thanks a ton!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    For a subcompact carry gun, I don't think 8 MOA is excessive. Four inches at 50 yards is small enough POA for SD, I think. Is it faster to pick up a larger dot? I'm not so sure-- I think brighter matters more than size. I'd personally rather have a small, brighter dot.

I'm also interested in adapting a RDS to my P320c, so im interested in the replies you get.

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    What did you wind up doing? RDS on a concealed just seemed hard to do.

I jumped in on the Crimson Trace $50 rebate and put a red laser on my 320SC .357SIG/40S&W (I have both barrels).

Holster is my issue now.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Hi Seth! Here's what I did: Burris Fastfire 3 with the 3MOA dot. I drifted out the rear sight, and used a Burris dovetail mount. I use an Aliengear 3.0 and carefully cut the kydex with a dremel and sanded it super smooth.

The Rds has three settings and a light sensitive mode. I keep it on the light sensitive mode. I am very happy with how well I can shoot it. Much improved over the irons for my eyes. As far as concealment, it does stick out a bit more than without, and it does have some paint chipped off the front from running into counters/edges... but it realy doesn't print any worse. I can still wear a flimsy Under Armour T shirt (slippery) over it and no one is the wiser.

I do not have irons as a backup with my setup (which many would completely reject) but I'm not worried. The Rds has a center white line on its rear panel and I can see the front sight through the lens. I was also concerned about the stability of the mount. Its just weird because it is mounted at the very rear and cantilevers forward. However, in experience, it is VERY solid! Not that I practice this, but I wouldn't hesitate to rack the slide by smacking the optic on a countertop edge, shoe, tire... if I had to clear a jam. Its not going anywhere.

20170511_211110.jpg 20170511_211230.jpg 20170511_211258.jpg

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    In another thread they're talking a lot about Indexing with an RDS. I have practiced drawing and dryfiring at least a thousand times. I can bring it right up with the dot on target very quickly. However, if I show it to someone else, they'll do the "where is it wiggle" for quite a while. The dot is located significantly higher than the irons.

Top Bottom