• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Ok, I can get a blue label Glock 43 w/ standard sights for $358 or go with nights sights for $411. My original plan was to go with standard sights then upgrade to Tru-glo TRX PROs. In hindsight is it worth it to go with 150.00ish sights when I can night sights for $53 from the factory. I mean we are talking about a 4", 7 round semi-automatic pistol. I know every advantage I can get,, what I feel comfortable with, whatever works for me... and all that other stuff but the expensive "flavor of the day" sights just seems a little much for me.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If it was my money, I'd go with the factory night sights and spend the difference on holsters and ammo. In my opinion, the Glock night sights are gtg. No need to upgrade till they go dim and die.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It's worth the $53 just so you have metal sights instead of the junky factory plastic sights. Night sights are nice but not essential. Don't get me wrong if given the choice I would rather have them but only one of my current carry guns is equipped with night sights. High visibility sights of some sort are a must though.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    If you're going to spend the extra loot, go ahead and get what you want. As decent as the Glock night sights are, I've got the Talos and love them. If I can afford any upgrade, I never settle.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    The only down side with the Glock Night sights are they are hard to find in the Blue label program on the 43. Steven R Jenkins has had a lot of regular sight 43s come in but the list is long for the night sights. So you might have to wait longer for a night sight version to come in they get more regular sighted 43s than night sight per staff. I opted for the regular sights and put the Truglo TFX sights on. Truglo TFX are a quality sight. I have had heard mixed reviews regarding if the TFX pros are really worth the price difference. Most I have heard stated the orange ring is harder to pick up than the white. Either way they are good sights I really like mine.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Just bought a 43 with Trijicon HD's. Buy once, cry once. They match the sights on my other glocks and my aging eyes appreciate the bright front sight.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I tried the Ameriglow HD night sight/fiber optic combo on my 19 and they are pretty good for the money. I started liking them so much I put a pair on my M&P. And getting to be 59 the fiber optic is nice during g day light I must admit.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I wish i could get those prices :(
    You can.. Join GSSF and after a year you get to buy one blue label every year.. Where the sights are concerned,
    I"m pretty certain that Elmores has them with night sights and IF you want the night sights I would go with the Glock NS for $53.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    You can.. Join GSSF and after a year you get to buy one blue label every year.

When I signed up with GSSF I did it for two years and they sent me the discount card with my welcome pack. And sent me another a year later. Not sure if they still do this. I have been told they changed some things recently. But if they do it is well worth the GSSF discount.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    In my case, I'd go with 'the bigger the better'
    Your eyesight may vary! :D

But yes, even small/standard night sights make a world of difference compared to standard regular sights.
    especially at night <-- Cuz I'm smart like that

If they're not larger (ie your eyes don't need larger just yet), then I'd go with factory iffin' it's more cheaperer.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just bought a 43 with Trijicon HD's. Buy once, cry once. They match the sights on my other glocks and my aging eyes appreciate the bright front sight.

Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals would be my choice. Glock factory night sights are good, but if you need a bit of a boost during the day as well, the Trijicon HDs or the Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals are the way to go. I'm not a fan of fiber optic on a carry gun, but maybe they have gotten better over the years.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I like the factory night sights on my blue label model 17 I can see the gun across the bedroom at night without my glasses

Go the Glock route. Even if you can't find one done you could buy the standard and Glock will install them cheap or maybe the shop you get it from could.

Price seems steep on the Truth Glo and they don't look the greatest.

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IMHO rear night sites are worthless. Any pistol I have with factory night sites gets the sharpie to the rears. Ameriglo Hackathorn's are perfect for me on my Glocks.

Top Bottom