CZ Shadow 2; Is anybody local taking preorders?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just ran across this video for a CZ Shadow 2; it's an upgrade on the CZ Shadow that includes better checkering, better serrations, better sights, a squared trigger guard, and a longer barrel.

View attachment 49144

[video]https://youtu.be/xsZdBRNR3co[/video]

Does anybody know if there are plans to import it? If yes, does anybody local have them on order? I WANT ONE!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :drool: I really wish CZ would be quicker to bring these awesome new releases to the US. The CZ TS Orange was released some time ago and is still not available. I'm betting this Shadow 2 will be the same, and it'll take a while to get to the US. But this one is HIGH on my want list. They really nailed it.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    At the price expected for the Shadow 2 ($1400 ish ??) , my gut tells me that this is a better gun CZ 75 CTS LS-P SA / DA Black 9mm .

At bit more sight radius with the CTS (S2 is limited by IPSC competition rules) which I like, but the undercut trigger guard on the S2 is something I like as well. Really would have to shoot them back to back to choose which fit best I suppose.

Availability? My theory is that the U.S. is sort of an overflow market for CZ and given our politics a bit of an unsure market for export in the long term. After local markets get caught up and police/military commitments are caught up, we will see something.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm hoping that's "MSRP" and the real price is closer to the price of a standard shadow ($900). Hopefully the Shadow 2 will just completely replace the current Shadow, and this will be the case. At $1400, it'll be a no-go for me. A hot-rod sp-01 with CGW guts and some rubbing from the wizard will out run a stock shadow, and it's a LOT cheaper than $1400. It would be pretty hard for me to justify $1400 for essentially a standard Shadow with some better checkering, slide serrations, and an undercut trigger guard. Oh well, I'll wait and see if they come to the US what the price settles into.
    At the price expected for the Shadow 2 ($1400 ish ??) , my gut tells me that this is a better gun CZ 75 CTS LS-P SA / DA Black 9mm . At bit more sight radius with the CTS (S2 is limited by IPSC competition rules) which I like, but the undercut trigger guard on the S2 is something I like as well. Really would have to shoot them back to back to choose which fit best I suppose. Availability? My theory is that the U.S. is sort of an overflow market for CZ and given our politics a bit of an unsure market for export in the long term. After local markets get caught up and police/military commitments are caught up, we will see something.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm hoping that's "MSRP" and the real price is closer to the price of a standard shadow ($900). Hopefully the Shadow 2 will just completely replace the current Shadow, and this will be the case. At $1400, it'll be a no-go for me. A hot-rod sp-01 with CGW guts and some rubbing from the wizard will out run a stock shadow, and it's a LOT cheaper than $1400. It would be pretty hard for me to justify $1400 for essentially a standard Shadow with some better checkering, slide serrations, and an undercut trigger guard. Oh well, I'll wait and see if they come to the US what the price settles into.
    Very true.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-target-ii-9mm-cz-custom/

Hope you are right. I was wild guessing price based on the above. Rumor is that the innards have been changed significantly and the triggers do not need all of the after market goodness we are used to adding.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I mostly like the checkering. It offers significantly more grip than the old models, and is something that would be difficult to find a gunsmith to do for less than $200 (plus refinishing, etc.). Seems like a very good deal, when you consider all the upgrades. If you don't want / need the upgrades, it looks like their old model may still be a good fit for you.

phidelt208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I don't know, But I want one for sure. It will be interesting to see what the reviews are in a year or so.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Has anybody seen any stores having one of these yet?

I'm on a few different pre-order lists.

CZ Custom received about 70 of them a week or two ago, but as far as I know, they have not shipped any. They were going through the QC/test firing process.

I have not seen anyone in the general public with one yet. A few holster makers have had them for a few weeks.

Enos forums are good for updates.

Top Bottom