Breaking: Photo Of The New FBI Glock 17M Leaked (IMPD Source)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    sadASD.jpg
    Breaking: Photo Of The New FBI Glock 17M Leaked - The Firearm Blog
    It appears that someone finally got their new Glock 17M duty gun in from Glock! I am inclined to believe that it is a genuine photo because our source is an officer with the Indianapolis Metro Police Department, one of the first agencies to receive the new guns.

The most interesting thing about the 17M below is that it appears to be a Gen 4. This seems to give the rumor that we will see a Gen 5 around SHOT 2017 more weight.

• [*=1]A new tougher finish
      [*=1]Changes in the rifling
      [*=1]Longer recoil spring assembly
      [*=1]Reinforced forward notch for the recoil spring assembly
      [*=1]A smoother trigger similar to the G42/43
      [*=1]Flared magwell
      [*=1]No finger grooved
      [*=1]Changes in the safety plunger
      [*=1]Ambidextrous slide release
      [*=1]Magazines have an extended front lip
      [*=1]Magazine well cutout

Attachments

• sadASD-495x660.jpg
      sadASD-495x660.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 225

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where can we buy the guns that they are replacing?

IIRC, Kiesler's in Clarksville is the one processing the buy back guns. They only sell to officers, agencies, and FFLs though. You'll either need to get with an officer who bought his back or see what FFLs are buying from Kieslers.

The buy back price is the highest I've ever seen, roughly $400. Seems like when we had Gen 2s the buy back was something like $265, but I may be remembering wrong.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    IIRC, Kiesler's in Clarksville is the one processing the buy back guns. They only sell to officers, agencies, and FFLs though. You'll either need to get with an officer who bought his back or see what FFLs are buying from Kieslers.

The buy back price is the highest I've ever seen, roughly $400. Seems like when we had Gen 2s the buy back was something like $265, but I may be remembering wrong.
    Sounds like I missed the last train.

Thanks for the info. :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Blue, is IMPD putting distance provisions on the guns? 150, 250, 500 miles?

Wouldn't blame them if they did, just asking.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

orion arms in Jeffersonville is kiesslers's retail (i.e. general public) operation

so, its a glock 17, with a flared mag well and ambi slide release and no finger groves?......sound like the glock is growing up and turning into a sig p320!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    orion arms in Jeffersonville is kiesslers's retail (i.e. general public) operation

so, its a glock 17, with a flared mag well and ambi slide release and no finger groves?......sound like the glock is growing up and turning into a sig p320!

Well that WAS what the FBI originally wanted but to undercut costs, Glock said they can make a cheaper striker fire gun that's almost like the P320. All this one's missing is ambi mag release and front serrations.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup.....only without that ridiculously high Sig bore axis...
    orion arms in Jeffersonville is kiesslers's retail (i.e. general public) operation so, its a glock 17, with a flared mag well and ambi slide release and no finger groves?......sound like the glock is growing up and turning into a sig p320!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

My understanding was they are no longer related, Kieslers sold the retail portion years ago.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I was told that one of the reasons they are doing the switch is to round off the top edges of the slides because some officers had the slides ripped off their guns. The reason cited was because the slides were square on top and easy to grab and twist. I tried it on my 19 and couldn't dislodge it however. I like the finger groves. Gives you more contact area, and it's easier to hang onto if someone is grabbing it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was told that one of the reasons they are doing the switch is to round off the top edges of the slides because some officers had the slides ripped off their guns. The reason cited was because the slides were square on top and easy to grab and twist. I tried it on my 19 and couldn't dislodge it however. I like the finger groves. Gives you more contact area, and it's easier to hang onto if someone is grabbing it.

Lolwut.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Shaving the finger grooves off my gen 3 19 was the best decision ever. I'm hesitant to do this with my gen4 because I like the texture on it. Would LOVE to buy a 19 like this...and put my MOS topend on it :)

Top Bottom