• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    This weekend I bought a Walther CCP 9mm over at ZX in Ft Wayne.. It feels a little bit like the P-22 I had a few years ago. I have a hard time fitting a handgun because of my small hands. If first impressions (I haven't made it to the range yet) mean anything, this may finally be the one. It has a piston operating system and claims to be a pretty soft shooter. Hopefully I'll have a report soon.

Does anyone have one of these, and if so, is there anything I should look for as far as quirks and stuff?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My mother, in her 70's has one. Dad bought it for her early this summer. It was one of the few slides she could operate. We've had it to the range a few times. Everyone that shot it really liked it and so far there hasn't been any failures. Disassembly is a bit of a pain, but I will admit it gets easier after the gun has been shot a bit. The parts seem to wear in a little and the sharp edges broken in some. Disassembly is similar to the old Jennings pistols if you are familiar with those. Youtube has videos on it as well.

On the other hand, it's not really a true Walther, it's a Umarex made under the Walther name. Build quality isn't quite as good as a true German made Walther. The Walther forum has a very good sub-section on the CCP, including problems, solutions, accessories, testing & durability reviews.
    CCP - WaltherForums

I considered a CCP before I bought my PPS M2. I decided I liked the PPS better overall. It had better ergos for my hand (also small), was a bit smaller and I liked the build quality better. I would not have a problem owning or carrying a CCP once it's proven itself, just like any other gun I own.

It looks like you're quite a bit north of me (Randolph County). If you ever want to do a direct comparison of your CCP vs the PPS M2 let me know. I have a friend that lives in Kokomo that I don't get to see very often. We could see what we can find as far as ranges and arrange some kind of meet.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I had one of the early CCP's and I really liked it at first.
    Accurate and no real issues for the first 400-500 rounds.
    After that, it was hanging up on a pretty regular basis. At least once or twice per range trip.
    Mine had issues going fully into battery which likely came from the lighter recoil spring (which makes it easy to rack).

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Triggers seem to be hit or miss. Some people say they're smooth as butter, some more like an old stretch of road. Might be a matter of where it is in production. Mine was in between but taking it apart and polishing some of the lockwork helps. Yes, it's very comfortable to hold and to shoot. I'd say the recoil is on-par with a full-size gun.

I was just at the range with mine Friday. I'd forgotten how much it prefers hot ammo. I was working through an early box of reloads that was on the min line and it didn't always cycle fully. Reliability goes up with the load, on previous trips I brought a variety of options where it demonstrated it's preference.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I bought one for my wife and she loves it. She has great difficultly racking a slide on most pistols and this is very easy for her to operate. The trigger takes a little getting used to, but its not bad. it is accurate and eats everything I have fed it so far.

As stated, the take down is a bit of a pain until you get used to it. Now it has become 2nd nature and not an issue. I have no regrets buying it and would do so again.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I too bought one and really like it. I found the Talo Edition on gunbroker and after shipping and transfer, I still only have $430 invested.

WaltherCCP01Right_zpsfec5qw7p.jpg

I have put 200 rounds through it over the last two weekends at the Revere's Riders pistol events at MCFG and Crawfordsville. I had one jam in those two hundred rounds. The trigger on mine is pretty smooth; but, the pull is long and the reset is almost all the way forward. So, it really feels like you are shooting a DAO. The take down is unusual; but, no big deal after you do it a couple of times. What I like about it is the accuracy and the lower perceived recoil. It is extremely comfortable to shoot.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    As soon as I get a little more practice. my new CCP it will probably become my daily carry ....

WaltherCCP03IWB_zpsekhchq4j.jpg

.... replacing the PPK in 9mm kurz I have carried for the last 10 years.

WaltherPPKCarry_zpsuzkrudcw.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I had a chance to fondle the PPS at the 1500 yesterday. Where the PPS is narrow, long, and very flat sided/square, the CCP is much more round and ergonomic. It's also long enough to get all your fingers on the grip.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I both have CCP's and love them. We have put 500 - 1000 rounds thru each. I have had a couple of failure to fire which I attribute to the ammo. Switched ammo and the problem went away. Her gun went back early on and Walther replaced the recoil spring. All is good now. Replaced the white in the front sights with a piece of white styrene rod so that I can see the front sight better. Accuracy is fantastic.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I had one and sold it. Even with the piston I didn't like the recoil. But more than that I really disliked the field strip and reassembly on the gun. Check out the new Walther PPS M2. Slightly larger, better recoil, great ergonomics like the ccp.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    ha, yea the disassembly method is a joke but I see why they went that way. After a while you get used to it and can use just about anything laying around. Paperclip, writing implement, screwdriver, 9mm brass...I lost the walther tool that I couldn't get to work about in the first hour.

Top Bottom