Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

My 3906 was made 6/17/89 for the oldest 3rd gen, and my 3913 was made 4/20/2000 for my newest. The rest were all 1990 or 1992.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    That's pretty neat.

Are there any other rail options for these?
    I found that b square on a whim on fleabay. Besides the TSW I think you would have to find one of these which I guess were only made for the square trigger guards or find a custom made one.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

I decided to clean my 3913 really well.

3913.JPG
    Last edited by dbrier; 10-21-2016 at 20:15.

User Info Menu

not for sale

Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

User Info Menu

I have owned my 5943 for over 20 years. Tuned to a 8 lb double action trigger pull by my good friend, Dean Ingmire, I competed with it in the Service Pistol class at the 1994 and 1995 National Police Shooting Championships in Jackson MS. I also carried it for several years on the PD until I was forced to switch to the G17. You cannot stage the trigger on a G17 like I did several times with my Third Gen S&W.

I still have it near me every day.
    Red Fire 372

User Info Menu

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    The prices for the S&W 3913/908 mags are perfectly reasonable.
    Too bad that the 1000 series mags are now selling for at least $80 and often a C note these days.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    The prices for the S&W 3913/908 mags are perfectly reasonable.
    Too bad that the 1000 series mags are now selling for at least $80 and often a C note these days.
    It was only a few years ago I could pick up 4506 mags for 18-22 bucks off fleabay now those even have pushed past 30. If I can find mags for under 30 I try to snatch them up even though the wife at one time thought 20 4506 mags was nuts and her is asking me what I plan on doing with 18 5900 mags. It would be nice to find a sub 2k to compliment my 5900's and make use of those extra mags.

I've started to make a list of gun parts I would like to stock up as the parts from the mother ship have all but dried up. I really need to start buying springs first. I understand these were built like tanks and if kept clean will do their part way past our life, but would like to leave future kids something they can enjoy as well as know how to strip one down to bare frame and slide.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm a relative newcomer to the S&W 3rd gens. I've never liked the DA/SA trigger system and from my experience with S&W back in the 70's I assumed that's what they made so I paid no attention to them. Back in early 2013 I was cleaning up and straightening out my mess and found a handful of 5900 magazines I'd picked up somewhere and realized I didn't have a pistol that took them. I started searching for non-S&W guns that accepted S&W magazines but couldn't find anything I was interested in. I did learn that S&W made pistols other than DA/SA.

I fell in love with the 3rd gen DAO models and have been buying them up ever since. Most are police trades and a fantastic bargain. I won't even try to count how many I've picked up, but with 9mm, .40, and .45,........stainless and alloy,.......silver and blue,.......and service, compact and sub-compact,.....I think I've got a dozen or more different models. I believe in having backups so that probably represents 40-50 pistols in all. All DAO.

I have picked up a few DA/SA pistols along the way when they were cheap and interesting and have branched off a little into the 1st and 2nd gens too, but the bulk of the S&W collection and all my interest is still in the DAO guns. I've got piles of striker fired guns too but they no longer serve any purpose. I think of the plastic striker guns as tacklebox guns now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaveman View Post
    I'm a relative newcomer to the S&W 3rd gens. I've never liked the DA/SA trigger system and from my experience with S&W back in the 70's I assumed that's what they made so I paid no attention to them. Back in early 2013 I was cleaning up and straightening out my mess and found a handful of 5900 magazines I'd picked up somewhere and realized I didn't have a pistol that took them. I started searching for non-S&W guns that accepted S&W magazines but couldn't find anything I was interested in. I did learn that S&W made pistols other than DA/SA.

I fell in love with the 3rd gen DAO models and have been buying them up ever since. Most are police trades and a fantastic bargain. I won't even try to count how many I've picked up, but with 9mm, .40, and .45,........stainless and alloy,.......silver and blue,.......and service, compact and sub-compact,.....I think I've got a dozen or more different models. I believe in having backups so that probably represents 40-50 pistols in all. All DAO.

I have picked up a few DA/SA pistols along the way when they were cheap and interesting and have branched off a little into the 1st and 2nd gens too, but the bulk of the S&W collection and all my interest is still in the DAO guns. I've got piles of striker fired guns too but they no longer serve any purpose. I think of the plastic striker guns as tacklebox guns now.
    I would like to find some of the single stack full size 2nd gens as well as a 645. The 3rd gens are like Pokemon you gotta catch them all.

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast