Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1775usmarine View Post
    Figure the CZers have their club we should have our own. I know there are several of us lurking in the shadows out there, so I'll start it up. Bought my first 3rd gen in 2012 a 4506-1. I have since followed it up with a 5906, 5946, 3906, 5903, and 3913. I have owned a 6906, but didn't like how it felt in my hand. There's nothing that compares to a pure stainless steel tank that was built to last with some topping out at 36oz empty.
    Love all of those! I even loved the 6906. Carried a 5906 for duty for a time, as well as the 4506. But I REALLY liked its predecessor, the 645! That was and still is a sweet tank of a handgun!
    Every man dies. Not every man truly lives. -Sir William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum314 View Post
    Love all of those! I even loved the 6906. Carried a 5906 for duty for a time, as well as the 4506. But I REALLY liked its predecessor, the 645! That was and still is a sweet tank of a handgun!
    I had a 669 once, but did not like it. I would like to fine a nice 645 to add, as well as a good 59, and 39-2.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Name this Gen

Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Sponge Bob was the engineer who designed the Glock trigger. The feel of the trigger press was a self-portrait.

***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

Your ASP appears to be a gen 1. Mine was a gen 2 (439)

It ain't mine. I just learned about them today. Very interesting in several aspects. The sights are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Sponge Bob was the engineer who designed the Glock trigger. The feel of the trigger press was a self-portrait.

***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

Those ASPs cut down from Model 39s were awesome! They were also the inspiration for the 39XX series.

The sight was called a "gutter snipe."

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

So the wife and I went to Shipshewanna Saturday to go get some winemaking equipment and didn't realize there was a gun show going on. After buying our stuff she wanted to go back to Middlebury to check out a store, so she dropped me off.

I first spotted a 3913 and 5906 with adj sights and square trigger guard facing up the wrong way (couldn't see serial or model #'s) with the price tags turned over under glass. The kid was on his phone playing a game ignoring the 2 people looking at their booth. I finally asked the guy the prices on both and whether they come with 2 mags and boxes. The price was 500 each no boxes and 2 mags. I promptly walked away before he said hundred.

I then saw a 4046 with 2 mags for 650, and a 469 with 2 mags for a more reasonable price of either 445 or 465. I think I even spotted a 639 while searching for deals. I ended up at the mag guy from Battle Creek Mi who usually has 3-5 tables with his mags displayed nicely on peg board over a tub that contains the mags. I bought out his 2 15 rd blued 5900 mags, and 1 stainless 14 rd mag for 65 total. Making my mags around $21.66 a piece which is in the middle of what I tend to pay for these mags. Since there weren't any other deals to be had I ended up getting a few more Glock mags from him and visited Zicks meats on the way out and got $60 of sticks.

All in all a slow show got there around 3 and was there to close. It wasn't packed like in the past, and there were a decent amount of tables there with stuff. Some of the ammo was still a bit high, but the 22 ammo had dropped back to sub .07 prices.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

You apparently have a great wife!

Hopefully I have better luck at the gun shows this fall than recently. Really hoping to find a nice 4506 and a 3906 or I could just buy that 3906 on Gunbroker for $1100 that's been listed for maybe a year....

That 3906 I think has like a 4yr run going for it. When I see one on there the auction is only a few days and goes for 450-525 majority of the time. I would scoop up a 4506 soon, as the prices just keep rising and the 515 I paid back in 2012 would allow me to now make a profit on it if I had plans on selling it.

There was an allegedly good condition 4506 on Armslist last month (?) for maybe $500 (?) but I could never get together with the guy due to my travel. Hopefully, someone picked it up that appreciates the 3rd gens.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast