Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

S&W 3rd Gen Semi Autos

Figure the CZers have their club we should have our own. I know there are several of us lurking in the shadows out there, so I'll start it up. Bought my first 3rd gen in 2012 a 4506-1. I have since followed it up with a 5906, 5946, 3906, 5903, and 3913. I have owned a 6906, but didn't like how it felt in my hand. There's nothing that compares to a pure stainless steel tank that was built to last with some topping out at 36oz empty.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

S&W 4505 is definitely high up on my to buy list.
    Insatiable gun lust

Quote Originally Posted by BogWalker View Post
    S&W 4505 is definitely high up on my to buy list.
    If you can find one. I would like to find some of the transitionals.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Does the 915 count in this? I've liked mine since I got it in about 1996.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Absolutely loved my 3913. Awesome trigger. I had rosewood grips on it too. But I decided to go with only striker fired for EDC. So I sold it to fund my XDs purchase. I'd love to have a 1006 for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    The N in INGO stands for knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    ***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Does the 915 count in this? I've liked mine since I got it in about 1996.
    Of course it does, but not the 910, 909, or 908. I dislike the value line with the plastic parts.

My very first gun back in 1992ish was a brand new 5903. As I bought more firearms later, I eventually sold and regreted it. I picked a decent one a year or so ago. I also picked up a good 3913 recently from a member here.
    I love my 3rd gens.

I have a 5926 I bought back in the 80's.

I have a 1006 that will out shoot most of my 1911's. Carried for several years till a STI 2011 Perfect 10 with a 6" barrel came along.
    Battle of Belleau Wood, The Battle of Iwo Jima, Battle of Chosin Reservor,Tet Offensive!

Quote Originally Posted by dbrier View Post
    My very first gun back in 1992ish was a brand new 5903. As I bought more firearms later, I eventually sold and regreted it. I picked a decent one a year or so ago. I also picked up a good 3913 recently from a member here.
    I love my 3rd gens.
    That's the way it was with my first 5906. I sold it as I couldn't hit anything and the sights were seized. Then regretted especially when my wife said she wanted it after I had sold it. I finally found another one that worked for me. I'm starting to feel the same about that 6906 but more for collector appeal and maybe some shooting. My 3913 I drove down to Indy after a guy on FB was looking for an LC9 for his wife. I had only 375 in the gun and gear, but knew I would be getting the better deal. I was even better when i found out it was a DOC trade in made in 2000. I have seen the 3913's appreciate in value by about 75-125 in the last year.

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast