• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    Honestly, it surprised me how easy shooting it was for a snappy little 380. It was a toss up between this and the M&P Bodyguard, but the long stiff DAO pull pushed me away. The LCP has a really hard break which isn't perfect, but for a low cost pocket gun it's tolerable in my opinion. The biggest complaint I have is the sights. You have to put the front post way over the back to where it feels like you have the front of the gun angled toward the ceiling or else you shoot low. It took a little while to get used to but after a few mags I started to understand where/how I needed to aim. I put exactly 207 rounds through it straight out of the box without a single malfunction. All in all I'm pretty impressed with it so I figured I'd write a little review for anyone looking to buy one.

Attachments

• IMG_2948.jpg
      IMG_2948.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 36

Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    A Pocket Gun is more of a Pointer than a Target Pistol. Do Drills with a Torso sized target, see if your shot placement is in a Vital Area.

WELCOME 2 :ingo:

Agreed, but when I shot the Bodyguard the sights "worked" a little better. Nothing's perfect but I felt it was worth mentioning.

And thanks. There tons of info here and a lot of interesting stuff to read. :thumbsup:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Have you shot the original LCP? I was wondering how they compared. I have no complaints about the original.

Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    Have you shot the original LCP? I was wondering how they compared. I have no complaints about the original.

i haven't shot the original, but the trigger felt better just from dry firing. Holding both back and forth the II seemed to have a little more to hold on to.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I put a sweet pea trigger and hogue grip on my original LCP. Big improvement IMO. Haven't compared it to the LCP II. From your picture, it looks like the rear sight is taller but that may be the glock sight behind it. Mine doesn't aim low.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I bought the LCP when they first came out. I liked it. Kept it a long time, until I fell in love with the Sig P238. Much better sights, more accurate, and much less recoil. Still the LCP is a great little pocket pistol, and I find myself tempted to buy the LCP II from time to time.

Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    I bought the LCP when they first came out. I liked it. Kept it a long time, until I fell in love with the Sig P238. Much better sights, more accurate, and much less recoil. Still the LCP is a great little pocket pistol, and I find myself tempted to buy the LCP II from time to time.

The p238 is beautiful but I wanted something more budget friendly. I definitely want one eventually.

To Shoots4Fun it definitely looks better than the 1st gen Kel Tec rip off.

Last edited:

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    The original LCP with Hogue sleeve makes all the difference, for my money, I still like the long trigger pull for a CC gun especially since there is no safety and you should carry with one in the chamber.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I've shot both. I HATED the original LCP, but the LCP II isn't bad at all. The trigger is much better than the original and I didn't think the recoil was too bad, considering the tiny size.

The original LCP with Hogue sleeve makes all the difference, for my money, I still like the long trigger pull for a CC gun especially since there is no safety and you should carry with one in the chamber.

As long as you're carrying in a holster, the trigger pull is irrelevant, at least to me. I love the new trigger on the LCP II.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The old original LCP was unusable for me. Did some drills. With sweaty hands, the slide was impossible to manipulate and slicker than snot on a sheet of glass. Sold that POS.

The original LCP also had a complete garbage trigger.

Hope the new version is better. Looks like they made some nice design modifications.

Top Bottom