• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    So having a debate with someone on the glock mos platform with a vortex venom. Some say that it will co-witness on the mos with suppressor height sights. Some like me don't think it will. I have a m&p core and not a glock mos so I can't figure it out for myself. So hopefully one of y'all has that setup and can settle this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It will cowitness with suppressor sights. I stole this pic off of the internet, Venom on the right.

venom5_zpsc8dmydnp.jpeg

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Never used these before, is that the actual size of the dot? Or is it just the way it's photographed?

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    The venom, or Viper will co-wittness with suppressor sights. The Viper has a 6 MOA dot, the venom has a 3 MOA dot.

I just installed a Vortex Venom with the 3 MOA dot on my Glock G40 10mm pistol. I have Trijicon tall suppressor night sights and they do NOT co-witness at all. I'm rather disappointed because I've never been a fan of red-dots on pistols and I've invested a fair amount to try this setup and it doesn't give me what I wanted.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just installed a Vortex Venom with the 3 MOA dot on my Glock G40 10mm pistol. I have Trijicon tall suppressor night sights and they do NOT co-witness at all. I'm rather disappointed because I've never been a fan of red-dots on pistols and I've invested a fair amount to try this setup and it doesn't give me what I wanted.

Did you unlock it first? Don't ask me how I know.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

I have a Glock MOS with the same dot, and same sites for my display pistol to show off the co witness. Do you have the MOS version, or did you have someone machine the slide? If you had someone machine the slide, chances are pretty good they didn't do it correctly so dont blame the Venom.

Top Bottom