• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently pick up a G42 as I was looking for a deep concealment handgun, I took it to the range today with at least 5 different brands of ammo including jhp. I can only say that I really like it and did not have a single malfunction and like others mention before it's a very soft shooter, it will be my back up or deep concealment and I think I made a great choice.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like mine too. Beware though. I found mine VERY susceptible to limp wristing. I can fire mine all day, but if I hand it to my wife, she can almost get a malfunction on every magazine. :facepalm:

(yes, I am working with her on her problem)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I like mine too. Beware though. I found mine VERY susceptible to limp wristing. I can fire mine all day, but if I hand it to my wife, she can almost get a malfunction on every magazine. :facepalm:

(yes, I am working with her on her problem)

That`s exactly the only issue I`ve heard of with this great little gun. Otherwise, very accurate, and fun to shoot.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I load my own .380 and found that I had to load it warm to hot to get her running, but the recoil was AMAZING compared to similarly sized guns, almost like shooting a P22 with CCI Stingers.

I gave it to my fiancee as I had a Kahr CT380 (their answer to the G42). I am split on the two as they have the same recoil, capacity and carry equally well! Decisions, decisions.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Just bought mine, going to run it tonight. Bought it so my mom can use it she has difficulty pulling a DA trigger...and needs something small and light. Took it apart and lubed it up already, appears to be a baby version of the other Glocks in the house.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nice, have MOM hold it tight is all, PMC or WWB FMJ from Wal-Mart, is what we practice with.
    I have various JHP rounds and carry Win PDX-1, but the Winchester White Box (WWB) flat tip FMJ is very nice IMHO.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've fired my friend's G42. It's nice and handy but I had the G43. It's only just a tad bigger and still can be pocket carry if I want.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Several weeks back my son asked me if I wanted to go the range with him and his girlfriend. I took my glock 42, 27 and 17. Somewhere along the lines I ended up helping the girlfriend at the range while my son was shooting his new 26. So I started her with the 42 thinking it would be the easiest. Holy crap she must of had 9 or 10 jams in the 3 mags she tried on the 42. I could tell she was very frustrated with it and so was I with needing to clear a jam about every 2 shots. We shot the 27 next and it only took one mag of from that before she knew she did not like that one, ha. Next was the 17 and she probably shot 50-70 rounds thru it and was having a blast with it. So yea, I love shooting my 42 myself, easy to shoot and everything for me, but agree with above posters it's not for everyone.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I am a woman, and sadly, I too suffered from the limp-wrist with the G42. I had a lot of problems with the G42 jamming initially, but after a few boxes I was able to stop limp wristing it so badly. Mostly I think the problem was me not having a good grip in general, which I have worked to fix. I have shot probably 300 rounds through it since then without any jams. My husband never had one jam with it. I carry it more than anything else, it's a great size and a soft shooter.

I have a lot of jamming problems with the Kahr CW380, which I was sure I was not limp wristing, but it turns out that I was. The ultimate solution for that was to use self-defense rounds. No jamming problems at all with self defense rounds. I carry self defense rounds in the G42, also. I feel totally confident using either of these guns after practicing, and with self defense rounds used for carrying purposes.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    A friend had to send his back to Glock, not sure what they did, but is does not seem to jam now. As mostly a self defense pistol, not sure I want one with all the above comments. Really like my Ruger LCP with Hogue sleeve, accurate and dependable.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I got one nearly new in box from a fellow INGO'er about 6 months ago. Couldn't decide on a carry ammo for it until I found ACME in Seymour carries the Buffalo Bore 100 gr. +P! Great hard cast lead flat nose. Functions fine in my G42.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I love my 42, so much so that the wife took it from me :xmad:. Its a great shooting pistol, one of the most accurate 380 pistols Ive ever shot and as others have mentioned its very soft shooting.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Bought on for the lady for Christmas. Took it out today. She had the same stovepipe issues, and at times, cycling issues that were mentioned above, Worked on her grip and pressure a little with some improvement. She shot the LCP II I picked up for myself. She had no issues with that, but did not like the snappy nature of that. Guess we will keep working.

Top Bottom