• Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    sm6b79.jpg

BREAKING: New S&W M&P M2.0 Pistol Drops At Academy - The Firearm Blog

I am very interested in the next generation M&P. I like everything about this one, except the thumb safety, which I'm sure is optional.
    I especially like that the beavertail is gone. Makes for a much cleaner looking design. I always thought the beavertail looked goofy.
    Looks like the same grip texture as the new Shield 45, and the story says 4 backstraps instead of 3. Also a new trigger.

Make mine a .40! :yesway::)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Looking at the pics in the article it shows the same on both sides. There is not a shown serial number so maybe you are right.

I have seen people stipple that area for a better thumb grip. That might cause problems for them.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What's with the holes above the rail? That's right where I try and put my weak side thumb.
    At one point rumor was that the new M&P 2.0 was to be a modular gun, and that it had full (or almost full) length slide rails. The change in serial number location COULD be because of internal changes that MAY mean the gun has some modularity a la P320. There is also a new cross pin on the top of the slide behind the breach, and the pins in the frame appear to be solid pins instead of roll pins. Hard to tell from the picture on that count though. Obviously the slide release is new. The thumb safety is supposed to be new as well, but it looks the same to me. I give it two thumbs up. My only worry is how much that new cross pin is going to affect milling the slide for a red dot :/

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Interested when they release an M&P 9c in 2.0. I'll have to check out one of the full size ones to see what the trigger is like.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've been hesitant to buy a full size 9mm because I dislike the trigger so much on my 9c but I do like how it holds and aims. I'll have to pay attention to this 2.0 to see if I'll have to upgrade its trigger as well or maybe I'll just go for a p320 or even the new CZ p-10.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I've been hesitant to buy a full size 9mm because I dislike the trigger so much on my 9c but I do like how it holds and aims. I'll have to pay attention to this 2.0 to see if I'll have to upgrade its trigger as well or maybe I'll just go for a p320 or even the new CZ p-10.
    Apex parts; just put a new apex sear in my shield last week and I can't stop dry firing it! It's still not a "perfect" trigger, but it's %100 better than stock. Lost like 2lbs of trigger pull and it's much smoother. Not bad for $40.

I do hope the trigger is much improved though, that was the only thing I really didn't care for in the MP line.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have been anti M&P since they came out. I have owned two shields and sold or traded them off. I would like to try out this new 2.0 before I actually buy one. I will have to keep my eye out at point blank for a rental.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Apex parts; just put a new apex sear in my shield last week and I can't stop dry firing it! It's still not a "perfect" trigger, but it's %100 better than stock. Lost like 2lbs of trigger pull and it's much smoother. Not bad for $40.

I do hope the trigger is much improved though, that was the only thing I really didn't care for in the MP line.

I've been thinking about doing exactly that, I just haven't done it yet.

Here's hoping that's the case. I really like the 9c feel and would like to keep things consistent and get a full size m&p 9mm for no other reason than the fact that I want to. However, if they drop the ball on the 2.0 trigger, I'm probably going to look elsewhere.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    even with the apex the trigger was lacking. I have the full apex trigger and ram set up and it's still not a quarter of the reset on my glock. I love the gun but absolutely hate the trigger. Hopefully they fixed that issue for sure.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I put an Apex in my compact when I first got it. After I bought a full size I just kept shooting and dry firing it and it seems smooth enough... of course I hit for crap with it, but I can't seem to only blame the trigger for that.

I will wait for the 2.0 to get some street time before I look into getting one, unless I find a great deal or someone donates one to me.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I hope they make the 2.0 in compact models as well. May have to trade in my 45c for a 45c 2.0.

This must be what Glock lovers feel like when a new generation comes out with minimal changes. Honestly never understood until maybe now.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I handled a standard black one today and the full FDE long slide. The stippling on the grips felt great and the trigger had the usual takeup but the break was very clean with a much improved and more tactile reset.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I handled a standard black one today and the full FDE long slide. The stippling on the grips felt great and the trigger had the usual takeup but the break was very clean with a much improved and more tactile reset.

Forgot to add, to me the reset felt much shorter as well. I don't recall the price on the standard model but the FDE long slide was 579.00 so not too bad (and this was at a shop with so so pricing).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    9f6XpdSh.jpg

Official Verdict: NOT Impressed

The new stippling is nice very reminiscent of an H&K P30, the trigger is lackluster and honestly not much better than the original albeit the reset is more tactile. The frame has been made thicker so there is less "Flex" and the guns slide will no longer go forward upon insertion of a magazine. Reset is not great either about double that of an P320, the slide appears to be basically the same with the original metal 3 dot sights. Cannot speak to the barrel quality, but then again my old M&P Pro shot fine for me.

Overall do not rush out to replace your generation 1 M&P's, honestly I have no idea why Smith and Wesson even bothered

Top Bottom