• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    My grandmother asked me if I wanted some items that belonged to my grandfather yesterday. I was hoping that it was the fabled Luger that he brought back from Europe after the war, but it instead turned out to be this five shot revolver that I've never seen before. She said he brought it back from the war. Can you help identify this? There are no manufacturers marks on it except for these two stamps that appear to be a crown and "N". It has a retractable trigger and apears to be a .22 cal. Any help would be appreciated.
    IMG_5484.jpg IMG_5486.jpg IMG_5487.jpg IMG_5489.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Neat old revolver, please keep it. I don't want this to become another "what's it worth" thread, only to get honest opinions, then think everyone is lying and put it in the classifieds for way more than it's really worth.
    Not to thread jack, but I have seen this over and over again, usually with Colt firearms, but have seen all kinds.

Obviously from Bigtanker's link, it isn't worth enough to sell something of your Grandfather's. As I stated in the start of my post

Neat old revolver, keep it and make sure to tell your Grandmother thank you.

Sorry Tim, just checked your profile, you're old enough to know what to do.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I appreciate the input 223 Gunner. I am a student of history and alot of the interest started as a kid talking to my grandfather. He served with the 283rd FA Battalion and fought in the Battle of the Bulge and liberated Dachau. When the war ended he was at Berchtesgarten. I have a silver place setting taken from Hitler's private train, countless photos, letters to home and a large Nazi Flag he gave me when I turned 12 yo. Unfortunately he didn't talk too much about the war until a few years before he passed in 1999. I would never part with his possessions. Its a quirky little gun that has triggered my interest in what it is. He was the finest human being I've ever known. I know what you mean about people probing for prices. This little pistol is staying in the family. He picked it up for a reason and I would love to know why. Sgt. Eugene Allen circa 1944
    IMG_3312.jpg

Top Bottom