• ...and so much more!
  • smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hi Ingunowners,

I am very interested in the Walther PPS M2. Would the members who have shot or owned one share their thoughts? Some have suggested the Glock 43, but I don't want to go with the Glock.

Thanks for your time and input.

Steve.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I have a PPS M2 and really like it. The LE version just comes with phosphorus paint on the sights and one more magazine.
    In my opinion, the grip and ergonomics of the gun are the best in the compact 9 world. It's a really well made gun and I highly recommend it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Tagging because I am interested in the PPQ M2. I can probably glean some knowledge on a discussion of the PPS that would transfer.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Big fan of the PPS classic and PPQ. So I would imagine I would love the PPS M2. The LE version is the one to get because the price includes an extra magazine. About $40 difference in price which is about what a mag will run anyway. But really it is a wash.

The PPS shoots like a larger gun. Very accurate little single stack.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I did a write up on mine a few months ago. May help, may not.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/423203-walther-pps-vedder-holster-ammo-review.html

I'm also a member of the Walther forum, lots of good information over there about it. There have been reports of the dots falling out on the LE version. Mine is the standard version and I took some florescent paint and touched up the sights the way I wanted them. The sight picture in the review thread is the way I had them to start with. Now the rear are bright yellow and the front if florescent orange instead of green. The sights are quick and easy to line up. The gun shoots like a dream.

Feel free to ask anything you want to know about it or if you want pictures of the inside, measurements, etc. If you ever get to the Richmond area and want to shoot it let me know.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I owned the original PPS and loved it. It always worked. The problem is that when they switched to the M2, the magazines did not interchange (they are expensive). The mag release is now a button too. Also, I do not like the direction where Walther is going. In my opinion, Walther needs to break ties with Umarex, but I highly doubt that will happen.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    I love mine. Comfortable to carry, disappears when carried in an IWB holster, shoots like a much larger gun, and more accurate than you are. The trigger is amazing.

I've put close to 400 rounds through mine with zero malfunctions. 115 grain, 124 grain, or 147 grain, hollow point or FMJ. It shoots them all, and shoots them all well. Mine seems to be a hair more accurate with 124 grain, but my preferred carry round is a 147 grain hollow point. Wee talking a 1/2" difference at 10 yards. I'm willing to take that difference.

Top Bottom