Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

performance shield issue

when firing the slide locks back and does not go forward. This is not caused by activating the slide stop accidentally as the back of the gun can be slapped and it goes back into battery. The gun is hanging up with rounds in the mag and its not caused by the slide stop. It is simply getting stuck.

Major fail for smith and wesson as this is a performance center shield in 9mm. This was the first time shooting this shield as it was new. I had a problem with almost every magazine I ran through the gun. I have never had a problem of any kind with my other shield so I guess this POS is going back to the factory.

Edit for clarity of what is happening:

1) I load 5 rounds in the mag
    2) I fire one or two rounds and the slide simply "sticks" open.
    3) the slide stop is not causing this because you can firmly tap the back of the gun and it goes back into battery

I experienced this failure at least once with all but maybe 2-3 mags out of 100 rounds.
    Last edited by maxmayhem; 01-07-2017 at 22:08.

Guess I'm not understanding what's occurring. When the slide reciprocates it's supposed to go back forward. Are you saying the slide is locking open with rounds still in the mag?

yes that is correct. I am not sure how to describe it because I have never seen a gun do this.

So it goes like this.

1) I load 5 rounds in the mag
    2) I fire one or two rounds and the slide simply "sticks" open.
    3) the slide stop is not causing this because I can firmly tap the back of the gun and it goes back into battery

I experienced this failure at least once with all but maybe 2-3 mags out of 100 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)bc062c3&p=6911044#post6911044" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Guess I'm not understanding what's occurring. When the slide reciprocates it's supposed to go back forward. Are you saying the slide is locking open with rounds still in the mag?

Does it chamber the next round when you push it foward?
    Do the magazines function in an other Shield?
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

all magazine functioned flawlessly in my other shield. It is not a magazine issue.
    It does chamber the round and fires. It just does not cycle as the slide stops at the rear

Also the issue was duplicated with no magazine so something is out of spec with the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)bc062c3&p=6911119#post6911119" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Does it chamber the next round when you push it foward?
    Do the magazines function in an other Shield?
    Last edited by maxmayhem; 01-07-2017 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmayhem ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)bc062c3&p=6911136#post6911136" rel="nofollow">View Post
    all magazine functioned flawlessly in my other shield. It is not a magazine issue.
    It does chamber the round and fires. It just does not cycle as the slide stops at the rear

Also the issue was duplicated with no magazine so something is out of spec with the firearm.
    Yeah sounds like it. Sucks to pay a premium for what should be a better than stock Shield and it not even run.
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Strip out the slide and work the empty slide on the frame. I'm guessing the back of the frame or rear of the slide is sticking.
    IF you look closely at both the slide and frame you'll see where it's hanging up. It might be as simple as polishing out the guides in the frame or slide.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

i compared the working shield with the defective shield and i cannot see a difference. I feel like smith and wesson should fix this- not me but I would like to be able to identify the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmileharry ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)bc062c3&p=6911165#post6911165" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Strip out the slide and work the empty slide on the frame. I'm guessing the back of the frame or rear of the slide is sticking.
    IF you look closely at both the slide and frame you'll see where it's hanging up. It might be as simple as polishing out the guides in the frame or slide.

500 rounds through it will fix this problem.

I just don't feel safe in gun free zones...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast