• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cars0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Southport
    I've been looking to make my first gun purchase for a while. Going into it, I assumed I'd get a Glock just because but after I shot my brother's 19 and rented a 17 and didn't really like either. They were fine, but meh. Shot a few others including an M&P 9, but nothing has really grabbed me as much as the P320.

It's going to be for home defense that's never carried except in a case to and from the range once or twice a month.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    in a one word reply to your question

"no"

don't let anyone talk you out of a p320! its my favorite poly framed gun, its my favorite striker fired gun, and most days I carry either my 320, my m11, or my shield, and if sig ever makes a 320 in a single column sub compact nine, id sell my shield and get one on those!

and if the right deal came along, I'd trade my glock 19 for a m&p9 compact! (but that wont happen, cause I've got way too much tied up in upgrades for my glock, I'd never get out of it what I've got in it, and all that did was make the upgraded glock = the sig!)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OP, have you shot an M&P? Compact and/or full-sized?

What about the H&K VP9?

MY opinion is that the M&P platform is better than the Sig. Just feels better in my hands. The Sig feels "tinny" upon dry-fire. I've not live-fired one.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    If I were in the market for a striker fired gun I would have said get the 320 if you asked me a couple of months ago. Now I'd tell you to hold on and see if you can get your hands on a CZ P10 to try out. From everything I have heard the trigger is fantastic, better than the 320 which has the best striker fire trigger I've tried.

Cars0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Southport
    OP, have you shot an M&P? Compact and/or full-sized?

What about the H&K VP9?

I've shot the M&P shield and full-sized. They were ok, but not great.

Haven't shot the H&K VP9 yet. Indy Arms is the only place I've seen that rents them and haven't made it there yet. I'd also like to try Walther PPQ, but haven't found a place that rents those yet.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some 9mm have had reported issues with shooting to point of aim. Those examples still group well, but hit high. This can be fixed via a sight change, and the majority shoot where they are supposed to.

Not quite as drop safe as some other offerings.

That's really all the negatives I can think of, and as long as you get one that shoots point of aim with your chosen load and don't store it loaded on a shelf that's head high then knock it off onto concrete, they'll probably never concern you.

If it fits your hand and you like it, go for it.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    If I were in the market for a striker fired gun I would have said get the 320 if you asked me a couple of months ago. Now I'd tell you to hold on and see if you can get your hands on a CZ P10 to try out. From everything I have heard the trigger is fantastic, better than the 320 which has the best striker fire trigger I've tried.

I would love to see if the cz is better than a 320. And if this miracle could be possible I would also own one of them. But I still wouldn't get rid of my 320.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    If it feels good . . .

I picked up a P320 compact and it puts the holes where I expect them to be within the scope of my ability. I have to do a lot of thinking when I use a Glock (when the holes are nowhere near where I thought they should be) but I never have to "relearn" my Sig even when time is limited and trips to the range are not as frequent as I'd like.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've shot the M&P shield and full-sized. They were ok, but not great.

Haven't shot the H&K VP9 yet. Indy Arms is the only place I've seen that rents them and haven't made it there yet. I'd also like to try Walther PPQ, but haven't found a place that rents those yet.

I would check that one out before you make your final decision.

I have almost decided that I will buy one but I will at least check out the 320 though I am not sure it will offer anything more than the Walther. But we both should give the other pistol a chance!:)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Walther PPQ-M2 supposedly has the best trigger of all the striker-fired pistolas.

It IS quite nice, certainly, at least in my dry-firing.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Me personally...I think I would stick with the Glock 19/23...it just fits better in my (smaller) hands, it's a 'natural' shooter (aim), and it's incredibly accurate allowing me to put an entire magazine through a sub-4" hole at 21'/7m...which is fairly good shooting, at least for me. The only other 'compact' pistol that feels really good to me is the SR9c from Ruger...it just has a great feel to it when I hold/shoot it!

That being said, if you really like it and it feels great in your hand...get one! One of the best words in the entire world is...'options'!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No need for me to talk you out of the P320. Shoot a CZ P09 and you'll talk yourself out of the P320 pretty quickly. If you really are looking for a striker fired gun, then give the P10 a try once they become easy to get. Lots of good reviews on those by people that used to love other guns.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Some 9mm have had reported issues with shooting to point of aim. Those examples still group well, but hit high. This can be fixed via a sight change, and the majority shoot where they are supposed to.

Not quite as drop safe as some other offerings.

That's really all the negatives I can think of, and as long as you get one that shoots point of aim with your chosen load and don't store it loaded on a shelf that's head high then knock it off onto concrete, they'll probably never concern you.

If it fits your hand and you like it, go for it.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but do you mind explaining why it's not as drop safe? I was under the impression the trigger "safety" on a glock was to keep the trigger bar from moving rearward as both the trigger and bar on a glock move the same direction. In the 320 design, it isn't needed as the trigger bar moves forward when the trigger is moved to the rear. I do admit I could be wrong as I haven't researched this exhaustively (mostly due to lack of relevant info available on the topic).

To the OP, I own a 320 full size and enjoy shooting it. I don't see an advantage over my glock or m&p, or any other striker fired pistol. It shoots well and seems to be reliable so far. However, I am not a trigger snob, as I cut my teeth on mil spec ar triggers and Berettas in the army. It would be a solid choice and represents a good value, but I wouldn't discount other designs.

Top Bottom