• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I celebrated inauguration day yesterday buying this. Can't believe it took me this long to buy a 9mm. Haven't even had a chance to clean it up yet. Now all I need is more mags and ammo. Another caliber to stock up on.:spend:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The only fault I have have with mine is the trigger.
    It has not after travel, it bottoms out. It always feels like I need to snap the trigger to get it to fire.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As a big fan of the 92 series, CONGRATS!!!

Just a heads up on mags, stick with either Beretta factory marked (PB), or MDS which makes factory mags for Beretta, or Mec-gar which also made factory mags for Beretta. In fact the writing on some MDS mags is identical to the PB marked mags except the MDS replaces PB!

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    On that high of buying a new gun and then listening to Trump's inauguration speech was pretty awesome.

My goal is to do some mods to this pistol. Any personal experiences are welcomed.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    As a big fan of the 92 series, CONGRATS!!!

Just a heads up on mags, stick with either Beretta factory marked (PB), or MDS which makes factory mags for Beretta, or Mec-gar which also made factory mags for Beretta. In fact the writing on some MDS mags is identical to the PB marked mags except the MDS replaces PB!

Thank you for the heads up.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That is a workhorse indeed.
    I have the clone in the Taurus PT99 and it's built like a tank, shoots like a dream, and holds 17 rounds.
    What's not to like?

You'll have fun with that one, even if you leave it stock.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Very nice, I dry fired INDYKIDS 92FS at the range "ONCE" while coonfingering it..............you should have seen the look he gave me!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    About the only modification recommended by 92 owners is replacing the hammer spring from one from the "D" model. It will lighten the trigger pull. I also recommend getting snap caps (see STEEL CORE post :D) and during a TV show pull the trigger on a snap cap a few hundred times. Or just run a few hundred rounds through it. You will be surprised at how smooth the trigger becomes over time.

FYI, Beretta recommends never dry firing the 92 as the firing pin has known to break during dry firing. The pistol was designed to shoot. ;)

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I had a 92 FS Centurion a couple years ago and it was a great shooter. It didn't take long to see why the military kept it as long as they did. I'd still have mine if the grips hadn't been so fat.

Top Bottom