• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not long ago I posted a thread on my recent old school VZ-61 Scorpion in 9mm Makarov purchase. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tical-handgun-vz-61-skorpion-9mm-makarov.html

Seems the former Warsaw Pact is out to get my wallet. Saw the following in an Atlantic flyer: http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...tols/chiappa-ak-9-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

Made in Romania, imported by Chiappa, a 9mm AK style pistol using Beretta 92 mags. Basically a blowback 9mm Micro Draco. OK, so the action is not pure AK. In fact, it looks a whole lot like my ATK-98 .22LR AK rifle inside with a similar gas piston and receiver block insert. But it's ugly enough to be cute, uses common mags and is priced under $500. Mine should be delivered in a week or so. While I like the Beretta mag feature, it ships with the needed part to change to Glock mags.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Are you a baddie henchman in a movie and have to provide your own weapon?

You know it will end poorly for you. The good guy with a PPK will get you from 100 yards.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I would get it. I think I'm not very good about keeping my new year resolution: stop spending. Oh well.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    You got that same flyer I got, eh? Atlantic's gotten some of my money in the past, but not this time.;)

Atlantic shows it with some sort of cheek/arm brace. You gonna get one of those?

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    No offence meant what so ever, but how does one shoot that thing like a hand gun with anything approaching accuracy? And how on earth does one wear and carry that in a holster? Yes I do intend these as serious questions.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    No offence meant what so ever, but how does one shoot that thing like a hand gun with anything approaching accuracy? And how on earth does one wear and carry that in a holster? Yes I do intend these as serious questions.

Holster? nah. Shooting accurately? just like any other "pistol" ala Draco, M92, M85, CZ Evo1, etc. Heck it has a sling attachment on the rear, just go all SAS style. But truth, it will be an awesome SBR, say with a triangle or VZ-58 folder.

And Friday, Friday, PAK-9 gets delivered on Friday. Gonna load up mags and have a fun week-e-e-end

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Some guns are just fun...I had an INGO member drive all the way down from Canada (just north of Indy) and he set up a modern replica of a Confederate Volley Gun in the shop...Like this...

MG-1-033-1.jpg

The previous time he was in he brought in a Planet of the Apes prop gun...A functioning, .30 caliber Planet of the Apes prop gun....

I have replicas of Schofields, 1860 Colt Army's, Flintlock horse pistols etc...in my collection...

Some guns are fun to run and some guns are tools...Snorko KNOWS that will be a fun gun to shoot and may even come in handy one day...In this practical, tactical, plastic guilded age it's nice to know there are guys like Snorko (and many others on here) that sometimes own firearms "just because.."

Snorko's pistol is a perfect "just because" firearm...

Ask not WHAT your gun can do for you, but what JOY your gun can bring you....:)

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    A SBR in 9mm that uses Glock mags and AK configuration like my bigger rifles.... hmmm. hmmmm.. hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have found my self taking at long look at this little ak and i see quite a bit of potential even if you cant stand its odd hand-guard set up.... Any one that knows me knows i can leave anything alone i always have to improve upon stuff... What concerns me is its use of single stack mags because that would limit the use of a lot of popular double stack mags like mp5, cz scorpion, and mpx right now..... however there are still quite a few smg's that used mags necked into a single stack so even that isnt a huge issue... after converting a saiga to a russian ak100 sidefolder stock that would look quite amazing on this girl especially a vz-58 sidefolder like snorko was saying.... that muzzle could thread and i believe a modified/shortened krinkov hinge block and front sight could really improve the front end of this girl and at a sub $500 price point i may just pick one up at the next gunshow

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Some guns are just fun...I had an INGO member drive all the way down from Canada (just north of Indy) and he set up a modern replica of a Confederate Volley Gun in the shop...Like this...

MG-1-033-1.jpg

The previous time he was in he brought in a Planet of the Apes prop gun...A functioning, .30 caliber Planet of the Apes prop gun....

I have replicas of Schofields, 1860 Colt Army's, Flintlock horse pistols etc...in my collection...

Some guns are fun to run and some guns are tools...Snorko KNOWS that will be a fun gun to shoot and may even come in handy one day...In this practical, tactical, plastic guilded age it's nice to know there are guys like Snorko (and many others on here) that sometimes own firearms "just because.."

Snorko's pistol is a perfect "just because" firearm...

Ask not WHAT your gun can do for you, but what JOY your gun can bring you....:)

That is most cool. ;)

Top Bottom