• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Today's batch sold out in about 4 hours, so I was fortunate enough to act quickly.

I ordered the flatty, because I learned from my Geissele-equipped AR that I LOVE FLAT TRIGGER BOWS. Also, the PELT trigger is designed to break when the trigger is normal to the slide plane.

Rumor has it it drops about 2#. I'm post an update once I get it in (albeit without trigger pull measurements, I don't have a gauge, just a finger).

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I managed to snag one too. I currently have the Apex and love the trigger feel, but the pull isn't ideal (though not bad). I'd the PELT is even half as good as everyone is saying, I think I'll be in love.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    im on the waiting list for the flat face, when they become available again, I'm getting one and the apex is going in the parts box!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Got it in.

Install is easy. I kept my stock pin because there's no play in it that I could detect. I have no trigger pull gauge, but it feels between a pound and a pound and a half lighter. The best improvement is the smoothness-it seems to have more of a roll through the break than such a huge cliff event like a wall. As expected, the reset is definitely softer but still tactile. Most importantly, it is much easier to break this trigger without disturbing the sight picture – and I think that's the whole point of a trigger upgrade.

I shot a short video with my phone to show the geometry difference of the gray guns trigger next to the stock unit.

[video=youtube_share;KweUIfA4sAw]http://youtu.be/KweUIfA4sAw[/video]

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    just ordered one from top gun supply! they have the flat one's in stock! 99.99 plus 9.99 shipping (same price as grey guns)

Grayguns Sig Sauer P320 PELT Trigger Kit - Flat - $99.99 - Top Gun Supply

now for the really fun part! a guy I work with has a trigger scale

I have one p320 with the apex flat trigger (its a first gen 320 with the larger back swept slide stop) so I can check the pull with that gun

and I won a sig p320 at our gun club auction night,(its a second gen with the forward swept trigger and the redesigned trigger to prevent trigger slap) so I can check the pull on that one pre grey trigger and post

now the hard part....waiting for the trigger to be delivered!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've seen some YT vids where the kit got the trigger down to just over 4#.

The GGI video has it at just over 5#. Mine personally doesn't feel like a 4# trigger. I'm not sure I'd want that in a defensive gun.

It does feel lighter than I remember my my G20 being after I polished it up, which is usually around 5 even.

Also, keep in mind that I totally disassembled my FCU and polished every frictional contact surface I could find. So my P320 isn't representative of all others. I think it's perhaps a little smoother. (I did notice an improvement from my efforts).

I don't recommend disassembling the FCU, but it's not the end of the world. There are good YT vids out there to guide you.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ok so I got home from work last night and my top gun supply box was waiting for me, so I went to work

i have 2 sig p320's #1 is marked jan 2015 on the frame, it's a 1st gen with the larger rear swept slide release, i installed the flat apex trigger in it without testing the factory trigger pull (i didn't have a pull gauge) but the pull on it now is 5.8#'s (10 pull average)

sig#2 is a jan 2016 marked frame with the forward swept slide release, and the redesigned trigger to eliminate trigger slap, i tested this 3 ways , i didn't install the replacement pin, according to the grey guns video, i didn't need too
    1st test was the stock trigger and the pull was 7.8#'s
    2nd test was with grey guns trigger and return spring 4.3#'s!!!!! BUT the reset was way to spongy for me, the positive click was gone, and it had to move way to far forward!
    3rd test was grey guns trigger and the factory return spring, and i got 5.3#'s (this is how i'm going to leave the gun)

but for the record I'd give the grey guns trigger a solid 2 thumbs up!

all tests were a 10 pull average on a lyman digital trigger pull gauge

if i get a chance, i might install the grey guns trigger on sig#1 and retest the pull

both guns were new, and both are 9mm compact's

View attachment 53228

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    ok so I got home from work last night and my top gun supply box was waiting for me, so I went to work

i have 2 sig p320's #1 is marked jan 2015 on the frame, it's a 1st gen with the larger rear swept slide release, i installed the flat apex trigger in it without testing the factory trigger pull (i didn't have a pull gauge) but the pull on it now is 5.8#'s (10 pull average)

sig#2 is a jan 2016 marked frame with the forward swept slide release, and the redesigned trigger to eliminate trigger slap, i tested this 3 ways , i didn't install the replacement pin, according to the grey guns video, i didn't need too
    1st test was the stock trigger and the pull was 7.8#'s
    2nd test was with grey guns trigger and return spring 4.3#'s!!!!! BUT the reset was way to spongy for me, the positive click was gone, and it had to move way to far forward!
    3rd test was grey guns trigger and the factory return spring, and i got 5.3#'s (this is how i'm going to leave the gun)

but for the record I'd give the grey guns trigger a solid 2 thumbs up!

all tests were a 10 pull average on a lyman digital trigger pull gauge

if i get a chance, i might install the grey guns trigger on sig#1 and retest the pull

both guns were new, and both are 9mm compact's

View attachment 53228

Is the reset any better with the stock spring and GG trigger?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Is the reset any better with the stock spring and GG trigger?

it feels the same as with the stock trigger

now the bad news, I went back to top gun supplys website yesterday, they have the curved in stock, but flat's are all gone

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    it feels the same as with the stock trigger

now the bad news, I went back to top gun supplys website yesterday, they have the curved in stock, but flat's are all gone

Thanks for the info. I would hate to have a long, spongy reset, so if I buy the PELT, I'd probably stick with the original spring :yesway:

Top Bottom