• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Anyone have any experience with chiappa rhino snub nose revolvers? I've recently been introduced to the J-frame. It was a hot and heavy love affair until I came into possession of a S & W 327PC. Now that's a wonderful gun. I don't like to have flings by myself so I've got a son and a brother that need some attention. Thinking a 2" rhino for my son and a Korth snub nose for my brother. They are all different, I know. There are a few problems with the Korth that indicate the makers simply do not have experience carrying a firearm CCW. Have your OC vs CCW conversation in the appropriate thread, please. In this post, I'm only concerned with concealed carry. I'm conversing with Robar guns about some of the issues concerning the Korth and if they can do anything about it. There's a chiappa rhino near-enough me for a good deal that I'm really considering. I'm glad that it's not just down the road because I'd have it in my hands right now if it weren't an hours drive or more. In regards to comparison potential, I also have a Taurus 85.

Please keep in mind that I have every known-to-me niche filled in my firearm collection. I do not NEED another pea shooter. I WANT to give the two people I enjoy shooting with the most a similar but not same pea shooter so we can enjoy the thing together.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    The only experience with Chiappa I've had was with a .22 that literally broke during firing. It was an inferior metal. Chiappa is a no go for me.

I own a Taurus 85 and I've rung 2" steel plate at 30 yds. Probably only around 200 rounds through it so far but I like it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I recall the Rhino having some reliability issues. I don't know what they are but a little research could find out what the issues are.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Chiappa's all over the place from what I've seen. I've heard horror stories, I have a MC14 (beretta 84fs knockoff) that works well enough but is a little picky about ammo, I've heard the Rhino's pretty well built since they actually spent the time to engineer it rather than throw it together copying other designs (Other than the production-related issues early on). I've held and dry-fired it a few times and it feels a lot better than the MC14 which is better than their .22s. The Rhino's on my wish list because I like odd stuff and I don't have the bankroll for a Mateba.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have exactly 6 rounds through one I tried at an INGO shoot. I really liked how it shot.

Doubt i I would buy one but the low bore axis made for almost no muzzle rise.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    When the Chiappa Rhino came out I was really in love with the idea. It looked so much like a Mateba. It was different and interesting and I had to have one. Soon, my local range picked one up and made it available for rental. After running 100 rounds through it I found it no more accurate than my Ruger SP101 but a softer shooter. In the end I decided I could live without it.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    When the Chiappa Rhino came out I was really in love with the idea. It looked so much like a Mateba. It was different and interesting and I had to have one. Soon, my local range picked one up and made it available for rental. After running 100 rounds through it I found it no more accurate than my Ruger SP101 but a softer shooter. In the end I decided I could live without it.

Wow, look at the restraint on this guy :)
    It is always a good feeling to know that the tools you currently have a very capable, instead of gettign lured by the new wiz-bang stuff. And this is coming from the guy who used to want to swap out handguns every couple years. Now, I'm very happy with the options in my stable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I own a Chiappa Rhino 4 and 5 inch.
    I love them!
    They have the smoothest trigger action.
    The lower firing will impress you. When you do not feel the recoil flip up.
    Every one I let try it all commented "WOW" in the positive.
    I and I mean "I" an not comfortable shooting a 357 in the 2 inch anything.
    It does take a bit of adjustment to the lower chamber firing.
    Both of my thumbs are 100% intact.
    Any thing totally different takes some adjustment.
    They said the same thing about the automobile from horse drawn carriage.
    Stick shift to automatic trans.

As far as J. M. what would you say when S&W is paying all of your bills.
    His only comment is the grip is a bit different angle.

Last edited:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I own a Chiappa Rhino 4 and 5 inch.
    I love them!
    They have the smoothest trigger action.
    The lower firing will impress you. When you do not feel the recoil flip up.
    Every one I let try it all commented "WOW" in the positive.
    I and I mean "I" an not comfortable shooting a 357 in the 2 inch anything.
    It does take a bit of adjustment to the lower chamber firing.
    Both of my thumbs are 100% intact.
    Any thing totally different takes some adjustment.
    They said the same thing about the automobile from horse drawn carriage.
    Stick shift to automatic trans.

As far as J. M. what would you say when S&W is paying all of your bills.
    His only comment is the grip is a bit different angle.

Automatic transmissions predate me by decades and I still say they're the devil!

I've read a lot of hypothetical reasons why the Rhinos are bad but very few actual gun issues (or at least no more than you can find for most firearms). chiappa in general, yes. Rhinos, not so much. The overwhelming impression I get on them is if you're strapped for cash and need a gun, there are better cost/benefit options. If you want one, you want one:dunno:.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I am with TWalker

Anyone have any experience with chiappa rhino snub nose revolvers? I've recently been introduced to the J-frame. It was a hot and heavy love affair until I came into possession of a S & W 327PC. Now that's a wonderful gun. I don't like to have flings by myself so I've got a son and a brother that need some attention. Thinking a 2" rhino for my son and a Korth snub nose for my brother. They are all different, I know. There are a few problems with the Korth that indicate the makers simply do not have experience carrying a firearm CCW. Have your OC vs CCW conversation in the appropriate thread, please. In this post, I'm only concerned with concealed carry. I'm conversing with Robar guns about some of the issues concerning the Korth and if they can do anything about it. There's a chiappa rhino near-enough me for a good deal that I'm really considering. I'm glad that it's not just down the road because I'd have it in my hands right now if it weren't an hours drive or more. In regards to comparison potential, I also have a Taurus 85.

Please keep in mind that I have every known-to-me niche filled in my firearm collection. I do not NEED another pea shooter. I WANT to give the two people I enjoy shooting with the most a similar but not same pea shooter so we can enjoy the thing together.

Don't own a Chiappa Rhino. I never will own anything made by Chiappa.
    I to have a Chiappa 22lr pistol. Any company who makes something this bad, should be out of business.
    I don't see how they could make anything of quality, when they put their name on pistols like their 22's. Bought when my gun
    knowledge was very limited.
    Chiappa makes Taurus look like a BMW. I am sure by accident, someone out there has a decent Rhino. I am happy for you.

Top Bottom