• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Not sure if this belongs in this forum or the Gunsmithing forum ...

Situation
    My 340PD did not pass weekly inspection. :( When I pull the trigger, it does everything it is supposed to do right up to the point of "dropping the hammer" (it's hammerless ... DAO). The cylinder turns and locks up but no click. Tried it a few times but ... nothing. Feels like the trigger is all the way back. Cylinder spins free when opened. Nothing feels gritty. The action is smooth as butter up to the point where it should fire ... then it stops like it already fired.

Monthly maintenance includes blowing the dust bunnies out. If it has been fired, pulling the side plate off and spraying out the innards with Outers. Blowing it clean and dry and adding a drop or two of lubriplate where needed. I don't disassemble the internals.

Background
    It had a complete action job (for carry) by Cylinder & Slide about ten years ago. It has Crimson Trace grips installed. I haven't put magnum ammunition through it in almost eight years. It has maybe 300-400 rounds through it (I rely on my 442 more heavily for snubby practice). It hasn't been live fired since last summer. It gets at least two dry fire sessions a month.

Plan
    Going to take the side plate off and check for a broken thing-a-majiggy. Not a fan of poking around in something I am not too familiar with. I love wheelguns but I get jittery when you start talking timing and lock up. If I don't see something simple, I plan on calling Bill Loughridge/Cylinder & Slide in the morning and see what they suggest.

Basically asking here if anyone has any ideas or suggestions of what to look for when I pull the plate off?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Cylinder & Slide got back to me within 10 minutes and agreed to take a look at it. They emailed me a pre-paid shipping label. Not bad for 11 years since they worked on it.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    No, sir. That's not bad at all. I'm interested to see how this continues to go for you. I might have to give cylinder and slide a bit of business.

How long since Futenma?

Top Bottom