• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raoul Duke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    Fishers
    So I took my new 709 slim to the range today to put some rounds through it. For some reason every 3rd or 4th round would not feed into the barrel. I would have to eject the mag, clear the firearm and reload it. I put about 6 magazines through it before I just got frustrated with it. I am now nervous to put it into my EDC rotation because of reliability. Has anyone else had this problem with a Taurus semi-auto? Please don't tell me to go buy another brand, LOL. I know that a Taurus is not top o' the line, but I really like them.

Raoul Duke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    Fishers
    Yeah, I had two mags that I used. Both were 7 shot Taurus mags. I was using Winchester 115 grain 9mm. Not great ammo, but good enough target ammo. I am hoping that you guys will just tell me that it is the mag spring needing to be broken in, but I have not had this problem with my other pistol mags.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am NOT a gumsmith, but try this .....

With the SAFETY ON, insert a loaded magazine, and rack the slide, and let it go,

as fast as you SAFELY can .....

If it does NOT feed, it SHOULD NOT be the ammo .....

If you have the same problem, then it is the Mag., or the gun .....

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I'm not going to tell you to buy another gun but you say "I really like them." What's there to like about an unreliable firearm that won't do the simple operation it's made to do. Not trying to be a butt more an honest question?

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Taurus owner here but not the 709. 1. Take the mags apart and clean them. (I use CLP) 2. Nothing wrong with WWB but try Remington if the mag cleaning does not help. 3. Get more rounds through it. 4-500. I don't trust any handgun to carry till that point anyway. You?

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I just bought a PT 111 G2, in the manual it says to leave the mags fully loaded for 48 hours "for a complete accommodation of its internal components". I don't know, but give it a try.

Pat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If you have a problem with Taurus. Give Taurus a call and discuss it with them.
    They are very customer friendly.
    They will send you a prepaid shipping label.
    I am sure you will be pleased when returned.

I received Midwest's advertisement for 709 slim for under $199.99 down from 279.99 about 2 to 3 weeks ago.
    I called the day before traveling the 60 miles both ways to Grape Rd. S.Bend.
    "Gee we sold the last one on sale."
    I just closed my E-Mail with the same add from Midwest.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom