• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    IWB I like the Dale Fricke Archangel, Trexarms sidecar. Those are both appendix. I can carry a full sized gun that way no problem at all. If I could blend those two holsters together I am convinced it would be the best thing out there.

I don't OWB often, but a Safariland GLS is pretty sweet.

I'm sure a lot of people will be along soon with more options!

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I've been carrying a g23 (same as g19) for almost 6 years in a comp tac minotaur iwb, and the clips are really not that great but that's my only complaint. I'm thinking about trying the alien gear equivalent on my new to me g19. As for owb I love my desantis leather holster but I also have a Blackhawk! cqc holster that is better for quickly putting on and taking off my belt.

Last edited:

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Anything in leather. Kydex sucks but that's just me and YMMV.

I would have to agree! For comfort...can't beat leather. I do prefer Kydex for some tactical applications, however.

IWB - Winthrop Holsters out of Cleveland, OH. Super nice guy, excellent customer service, in stock ready to ship, unbelievable price, and top quality leather and molding! I mean...REALLY good quality for this money! And its leather so its super comfy! I will likely be purchasing one of his OWB holsters here soon as well.

http://www.winthropholsters.com/

OWB - X Concealment "C" series. Again, super quality, amazing price, and this is the closest to the body OWB holster I have ever owned/used! I mean this thing really hugs and pulls the gun in close.

http://www.x-concealment.com/

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    If you are into anything kydex, I really like my G-Code holsters. Both outside and inside. They do have quite the lengthy wait time due to them being custom made, but they are worth it in my opinion. Will not buy another OWB Holster from anywhere else. A buddy of mine just picked up a T-Rex Arms holster, and he is in love with that thing. I've also been contemplating ordering a T-Rex Arms holster for some time. Those are also worth checking out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Two questions: how do you dress and how concealed? If you are a fiftysomething male and dressed casually it's pretty easy. Are usually carry with a Blackhawk OWB.I also have a crossbreed supertuck for more concealed.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have a couple of holsters for my 19 from Patriot Concealment and love them. Both are Kydex. They are locally owned and operated. If you're going to the Indy 500 they usually setup there.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    Two questions: how do you dress and how concealed? If you are a fiftysomething male and dressed casually it's pretty easy. Are usually carry with a Blackhawk OWB.I also have a crossbreed supertuck for more concealed.

I am a pretty skinny guy but I seem to be able to conceal stuff pretty well. I usually can carry either IWB or OWB near the back of my right hip and I usually conceal it with no problem

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I really like the down under holster from high noon holsters. They put the "slick" leather on the inside and the rough facing out so the gun doesn't get scarred up as bad.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    When I carried a G19, I ran Comp-Tac MTAC for IWB and Raven Concealment for OWB (primarily classes - maybe carried OWB 3 times in about 3 years). Good luck - there's tons of options unfortunately, none of them are free.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    For OWB, Safariland ALS belt mount holster. I like having a retention device on a OWB holster.

[video=youtube_share;rOSoRZ0e7yQ]http://youtu.be/rOSoRZ0e7yQ[/video]

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    For IWB, I keep going back to the Comp-Tac Infidel.

For OWB range use, I use Safariland GLS. I think this is pretty much the perfect 3gun holster. If I were wearing OWB where I would want some security, I'd go with the Safariland ALS.

Luckyoldguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    NE Indianapolis
    I have come to strongly prefer the Sneaky Pete holsters. They are a little more difficult to draw from but doesn't take much practice to get good at it. Since this holster is OWB and provides it's own concealment I find that I carry much more often since I don't need any special pants for IWB or any cover garment for IWB or OWB. At first I was self-conscious about using it because I thought it would be obvious what it was but in 3 years of using them I have never once been asked what it was. I have one fore my Glock 26 and my 19. My only complaint is that I wish they would make one for the 26 that would allow the use of a grip extension.

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    I prefer OWB Holsters . Have not owned a Glock for a few years , but owned a G19 awhile back and used a Don Hume 721 OT & single mag pouch .Liked them very much----Not too pricey either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom