• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was able to give the 320 RX a try and put about 150 rds through, I also took my G34 along to compare side by side and to be fair my G34 has a couple of mods just for disclosure. I most start saying that I really liked the red dot and I found it easy to use and very clear, trigger was heavy (I estimate to be over 6 #) but wit a crisp break and short reset. Ergos are good and no complaints there but slide stop is rather small, the only negative I found is I found the muzzle to move quite a bit for my taste. I also have a 226 Legion sao and I found it more controllable due to the all metal construction, I like the optic but didn't like the 320 so won't be buying one.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I was able to give the 320 RX a try and put about 150 rds through, I also took my G34 along to compare side by side and to be fair my G34 has a couple of mods just for disclosure. I most start saying that I really liked the red dot and I found it easy to use and very clear, trigger was heavy (I estimate to be over 6 #) but wit a crisp break and short reset. Ergos are good and no complaints there but slide stop is rather small, the only negative I found is I found the muzzle to move quite a bit for my taste. I also have a 226 Legion sao and I found it more controllable due to the all metal construction, I like the optic but didn't like the 320 so won't be buying one.

I am not quite clear on your statement of the muzzle moving around too much. Is that directed toward recoil? I am guessing that is what you meant due to the following sentence of your 226 being controllable, but not sure. Thanks for the report.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    OK. I only wondered because a lot of people see a lot more movement of the gun the first time they use a dot and thought you might have meant that.

this. if not used to a dot, it will seem like it moves a LOT. you're actually watching where the gun is pointed out in the distance vs just the lift of the sight 2' in front of you. I've seen this a lot over the years when I let folks get their first taste of an open gun and they are surprised how much a 5", compensated, slide-lightened .38super "lifts" off target....

-rvb

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    OK. I only wondered because a lot of people see a lot more movement of the gun the first time they use a dot and thought you might have meant that.

I have a Ruger MK 3 that has a red dot and shot it quite a bit and I know what you are referring about (red dot moving a lot), because I shot my pistol with a red dot a lot I think that helped me with the 320 RX and actually I found that it was easy to find the dot and staying on target. I also experience been able to achieve decent groups under semi rapid fire for my first time shooting this set up.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Where did you find a 320RX? They are pretty hard to find, or so I have been told.

I had a guy looking for a glock 34, I suggested a sig 320rx, his ears perked up and said how much? so I looked at the 4 places we buy from, and everyone was out, and while I was looking for the first guy, a second guy came in looking for one, he asked the owner of the shop, he looked at me and asked "what's a 320rx and can we get one), replied nope, everyone's out, the customer was halfway between the front door, and the gun counter, did an about face and walked right out!

so yes they are hard to find!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have only seen one, and it was gone in a day.

Either ACME or BTB in Seymour has one in stock, or did within the last 3 days when I was there.

"Flippy" is not a descriptor I'd apply to the P320 I have-- a compact 9mm. I think it's the Red (dot) Herring effect. You see that dot dancing all over and think the muzzle is moving a ton.

I was shooting some Mark 3s with Burris FF RDSs on them and they seemed to move all over the place. But it was the dot, not the muzzle, that was moving.

A Ruger .22 pistol with a long fluted barrel is hardly a "flippy" gun, but the dot sure made it seem so.

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    I've shot probably 20,000 rounds through G34s but sold all my Glocks after shooting a 320. PS. I dropped a Grayguns trigger in mine and dropped the trigger pull 2.5 pounds. 100 percent reliable. Felt really good about my switch after watching a friend's G34 blow up in his hand at an IDPA match two weeks ago.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The GGI PELT trigger makes a good P320 even better. I LOVE mine.

what he said^

I took mine to the range and put about 100-150 rounds through it, took it home and cleaned it, put it back on the trigger pull gauge and was getting pulls less than 5#"s! between 4.4 and 4.9 with the factory return spring! its a little lighter than when I first installed it, then it was about 5.3, if I didn't hate the spongy return that the grey guns spring has, I bet my pull would be between 3-4 pounds!

the grey guns trigger rocks! even if you don't use the spring! (before I installed the grey guns trigger, the pull was 7.8#'s)

Top Bottom