• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K1GER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2017
    Madras
    Looking for My Colt SA SN 133435 in 44 cal Stolen by a Gunsmith in Orange County CA 1974 while I was Stationed out of Country on active duty. The Gunsmith quickly left California for Nevada. The local Police, ATF and FBI refused to get involved as the theft involved less than 4 firearms. I have been looking for this Colt as it was passed down to me y my Father in 1963. I have papers proving ownership. Please if anyone has any information are becomes aware of this Pistol please contact me ASAP! Please pass the word.

Norm McIntosh
    HM1 Vet USCG
    SFC USA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking for My Colt SA SN 133435 in 44 cal Stolen by a Gunsmith in Orange County CA 1974 while I was Stationed out of Country on active duty. The Gunsmith quickly left California for Nevada. The local Police, ATF and FBI refused to get involved as the theft involved less than 4 firearms. I have been looking for this Colt as it was passed down to me y my Father in 1963. I have papers proving ownership. Please if anyone has any information are becomes aware of this Pistol please contact me ASAP! Please pass the word.

Norm McIntosh
    HM1 Vet USCG
    SFC USA

So a firearm is stolen and the "Authority's turn a blind eye. That is just sad.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So a firearm is stolen and the "Authority's turn a blind eye. That is just sad.

the shop I work at had 2 stolen, we provided video footage, we even tracked down the thief's name! the idiot was wearing a tshirt with the name of the bar he worked at!
    the owner of the bar provided the thief's address to the police!, this happened just before the shot show, so the owner went to the batfe booth and talked to the agents and they said "it wasn't a high enough profile case for them to get involved",

since the thief had moved to Pennsylvania the day after he stole the guns, the local "prosecutor" (Stanley "let em go" levco) wouldn't issue an arrest warrant, "300 miles was to far, and would cost too much to transport the criminal back to Evansville".

the new prosecutor was elected that year, and as soon as he was sworn in, the shop owner and his friend an attorney, who was also friends with the new prosecutor all sat down and had a meeting, an arrest warrant was issued, and just so happened, the local swat team in Pennsylvania was suited up for training and "knocked" on the thief's door, he was arrested and transported back for trial on "local" charges, and by the time he went to trial, he was released on "time served"

had the atf been involved, it would have been federal charges, and he would have gone to federal prison for 10 years (serving 5 before parole) and the should have been involved the thief had a illegal shotgun (when the swat team knocked, he had a shotgun with a barrel less than the legal minimum)

all this during the "Obama administration" hopefully under the "Trump administration" federal gun crimes will come with federal trials, and time in big boy prisons!

to the op, good luck 43 years is a long time, I hope you find the family heirloom

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes, lets all jump on the bandwagon and take this guy's story of something that happened in 1974 as gospel.

Perhaps we will see it on an episode of Cold Case Files??????:)

[video=youtube;sft3VHxru2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sft3VHxru2s[/video]

[video=youtube;v7acD4q0lp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7acD4q0lp0[/video]

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There is a statute of limitations, so prosecution isn't possible. If the gun is located, the OP will have to go to court and sue for its return. This is a pretty unusual first post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, lets all jump on the bandwagon and take this guy's story of something that happened in 1974 as gospel.

If it is true then yes, it is sad. It seems he is really looking for this Heirloom.
    Post #3 is sad as well.

No knock on the locals. You know me better than that. This is all above the street LEO's domain.

Top Bottom