• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I'm kinda Lube goofy and have lube problem. Do any of you use different lubes for different handguns?

1911's I use Mobil 1
    Glocks and small pocket guns Tetra
    all others Lucas blue or red

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1911's - Wilson Combat Oil my 1911's are all higher end and tighter the light weight oil has worked really well for me especially during the cold months keeps things smooth

Sig's - Tetra-Gun grease as I like to keep them really well lubed to help prevent wear on the alloy frame

Tupperware Guns - I do not have any as they are not real guns so I cannot comment

:rockwoot:

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I just started using frog lube. I haven't any real story on it yet, although it does smell minty fresh. I have used the same lube for most every gun until that source ran dry and I've had access to military CLP in bulk for many years. My source has dried up recently. All of this to say I have routinely used the same lube on everything.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    In general I just use CLP. Sometimes on the rails and high friction points I use an engine Assembly lube. I think Permatex makes it. One of the CZickos recommended it to me and I've liked it so far.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just started using frog lube. I haven't any real story on it yet, although it does smell minty fresh. I have used the same lube for most every gun until that source ran dry and I've had access to military CLP in bulk for many years. My source has dried up recently. All of this to say I have routinely used the same lube on everything.

Make sure you wipe that stuff off when you clean, like it looks like there isn't any more on. I used it for a while and it has the tendency to gun up if you aren't careful.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    In general I just use CLP. Sometimes on the rails and high friction points I use an engine Assembly lube. I think Permatex makes it. One of the CZickos recommended it to me and I've liked it so far.
    That stuff is way to slick for me!! and it creeps!!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    No problems here. I use what ever I got on the shelf.

Right now it's Kroil and some left over Lucus 2050

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Mil-comm TW25b here. Lightly applied to where the white color is gone but has a glissen in the light. 600rds through my carry G19 and not the first smiley mark on the barrel.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Kroil penetrating oil for a deeper barrel clean on some of my surplus guns.

Ballistol or Breakthrough Clean for general cleaning. Sometimes I'll just use CLP for everything.

Froglube/Fireclean/Breakthrough Clean Gun Oil/CLP for lube. Haven't noticed a difference at all between them. I run all my guns a little on the drier side, except for the finnicky ones like my 22/45 lite.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    CLP here, but that's from my time in the Army. Also, when my department went to Beretta 92's, they warned us ONLY to use CLP, and told us Hoppe's would take the finish right off the barrel. Don't know if that's true, I never tried to find out.

I think back to the gallon jugs of CLP we used to clean howitzer bores, and what that must have cost!

Top Bottom