• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Recently I've decided to switch to a 9mm for carry, I'm a better shot with a 9 and the extra ammo makes me feel warm and fuzzy and have been planning on picking up a G19 mos. And then i busted out my SP-01 for a range trip.

i love that gun more than any other I've shot, but have never thought of using it as an edc. Enter the P-01..a few ounces more than the glock, 9mm with 14 round mags, and that amazing CZ feel.

Im a little bigger than your average bear so the size and weight difference isn't much concern.

Does anyone carry a P-01, or any of the CZ75 compacts? Or does anyone own the CZ and the g19, thoughts?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do own and carry a P01 as well as several other compact CZs. I used to own a couple of Glock 19s but sold them. They just did not work for me as well as the CZ does. My favorite carry CZ right now is an SP01 Compact. It's heavy but shoots like a dream.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Had the P01 and loved it! I do carry the 19 now but still wish it was a CZ. Let me know if Glock wins out for you,I'll work a trade. Lol

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    G19 is about as good as it gets for a carry gun. I don't think there is any smaller or even comparably sized gun that has factory 15 round flush fit mags.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    G19 is about as good as it gets for a carry gun. I don't think there is any smaller or even comparably sized gun that has factory 15 round flush fit mags.

The G19 is fine for what it is, if you like polymer, but it's not "as good as it gets for a carry gun". I had 2 and sold both of them. Now I carry Sig and I like them much better. It's all personal choice. Some carry Glock, some carry Sig, some carry something else. As long as you're comfortable with it and have trained with it, it's all good ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    As has been established time and time again on INGO, there is no one gun for everyone. If the P01 works for you then you might consider the PCR. Basically the same gun without a rail.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    The G19 is fine for what it is, if you like polymer, but it's not "as good as it gets for a carry gun". I had 2 and sold both of them. Now I carry Sig and I like them much better. It's all personal choice. Some carry Glock, some carry Sig, some carry something else. As long as you're comfortable with it and have trained with it, it's all good ;)

From a size and round capacity standpoint, it doesn't get much better. I know lots of folks don't care for the trigger, grip and grip angle or the fact it's a polymer frame. That was my point.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    From a size and round capacity standpoint, it doesn't get much better. I know lots of folks don't care for the trigger, grip and grip angle or the fact it's a polymer frame. That was my point.

It's a good, even great option, but so is the Sig P320, Sig P229, Walther PPQ, HK VP9, CZ P-07 and other guns of that size. A lot of the guns I've mentioned don't have the trigger problem or grip angle problem. I'm not saying the G19 is a bad choice, but there are other guns that are just as good for an EDC role.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    How does the holster selection look for the compact CZ? A big draw to the g19 is adding a rmr, but I think the natural pointability(is that a word?) of the CZ could make up for it.

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    In reference to the CZ P10 C Holster availability , I recently read (somewhere-maybe here) the CZ P 07 holster will work/fit the P 10 C

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Holsters for the cz compact and Pcr suck. I have to use an IWB alien gear. I like leather much better but comp Tac didn't have one that fit right. Had to send it back.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

The P07 gives a G19 a run for it's money in terms of capacity. It's roughly the same size, has a good trigger and stock runs 15+1. But, with factory +2 mags that add only a quarter inch in length, it makes a great compact 17+1 round carry gun.

In reference to the CZ P10 C Holster availability , I recently read (somewhere-maybe here) the CZ P 07 holster will work/fit the P 10 C

The CZ P10C was designed to fit the G19/G23 holsters. The P07 has a slightly larger trigger guard and while a P10C and G19 would probably work with a P07 holster, the P07 has issues with a lot of the G19 holsters. The CZ P01 works pretty well with a lot of G19/23 holsters though, but is a bit tight around the base of the trigger guard.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I carry a 19, I wouldn't try to talk you out of the CZ though. I don't feel like you can make a "wrong choice" between those two, so long as you do well with it.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I am a Glock shooter as well. They work great for me but I know they are not for everyone. I have not had the pleasure of shooting a CZ but I handle one whenever I see one at the LGS. The last one was an SP01 and that was a sweet pistol. I need to add one to my collection. I owned a Jericho back in the day which I think is based on the CZ75? :):

Top Bottom