• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If anyone is looking for a very nice value priced 9mm I have to give a recommendation on this pistol. Its a great shooter and has been 100% reliable, mags arnt overly expensive either which makes a difference. For less than $300 out the door one of these is defiantly worth the look.

[video=youtube;eUihXs57Ai0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUihXs57Ai0[/video]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I personally own 2 witnesses in 45acp and 1 in 9mm. The 9 is polymer while the 45's are both steel. Extremely reliable and accurate with all ammo types I've used. Several thousand rounds total and not one failure of any kind with any ammo, steel, aluminum, brass, hollow points, round nose, etc. Great firearms in my opinion

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The only problem I've had with my 9mm model was when I didn't seat the rounds all the way into the back of the mags. Proper placement gave me 100% reliability.
    Dan

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I have never had any of the semi autos but had an EAA Windicator revolver in 357 that broke within 75 rounds (the push rod to assist in ejecting spent shells from the cylinder jammed) and the customer service was horrible. I had to call them four different times just to get the information to return the gun to them. Then had to pay $80 to ship to them and $20 for them to ship it back. They had it for almost a month and I called them pretty regular about it and the last time I called them they said it had been done for weeks and they were waiting for me to contact them for the return. Then they couldn't tell me what had been repaired. All in all it was horrible customer service and makes me feel kind of leery about buying another firearm with an EAA stamp on it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I hear good things about their weapons all the time, but the one I bought sucked. Couldn't MAKE it feed self defense hollow points. The C/S story is enough excuse for me to not buy another.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea I have to say I'm really a believer in this pistol so far, it shoots really nice. Top that with it being reliable has me grinning from ear to ear.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have never had any of the semi autos but had an EAA Windicator revolver in 357 that broke within 75 rounds (the push rod to assist in ejecting spent shells from the cylinder jammed) and the customer service was horrible. I had to call them four different times just to get the information to return the gun to them. Then had to pay $80 to ship to them and $20 for them to ship it back. They had it for almost a month and I called them pretty regular about it and the last time I called them they said it had been done for weeks and they were waiting for me to contact them for the return. Then they couldn't tell me what had been repaired. All in all it was horrible customer service and makes me feel kind of leery about buying another firearm with an EAA stamp on it.

I hate to hear that as I just put one on layaway, lol. Hopefully I have better luck....

Motomechanic45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Plainfield
    I know most the guys on cz forum say if you can't afford a cz that its a good option. I've considered buying one to let the boys shoot when they come out with us.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    I have never had any of the semi autos but had an EAA Windicator revolver in 357 that broke within 75 rounds (the push rod to assist in ejecting spent shells from the cylinder jammed) and the customer service was horrible.

Thankfully, my only contact with EAA's customer service department was when I ordered extra magazines. Come on, man .. put at least two mags in the box with the gun. I'll pay the extra $15 or $20 up front.

EAA is an importer, and they source guns from multiple factories. The Windicator is made in Germany; Tanfoglio makes the Witness in Italy; and Sarsilmaz makes some of EAA's other CZ-75 clones in Turkey.

I have a Witness polymer pistol in 9mm. The sights are good, the trigger is good, and the darn thing just works well for a bargain price. I would buy another one, if I had reason to do so. The only issue I had with it was feeding JHP ammo when it was fresh out of the box ... the rounds would hang up on the feed ramp. After running a few magazines of ball ammo through the gun, it fed JHP just fine.

Edited to say: the JHP that the Witness didn't like at first was Remington Ultimate Defense. After a few boxes of Blazer Brass FMJ, it seemed to do OK with the Remington JHP. And Hornady Critical Defense ran without a single hiccup. Not sure if the differing bullet shapes had anything to do with it, or if it was just a break-in thing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom