• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    jpeg
    Delray Beach, Fla. – Century Arms has announced that the newest addition to the Canik handgun line, the TP9SFx competition-ready pistol, is now shipping and will be available through major distributors and retailers across the country. The TP9SFx competition pistol is available in 9mm and offers features that are attractive to competitive and recreational shooters at a remarkably affordable price point.

anyone have any real time information.
    I can not find any place that knows about this model.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The TP9 family of pistols are licenced clones of the Walther PPQ. They do their own slide design and receiver/grip design but the internals are indistinguishable from a PPQ. The TP9SFx is their take on the Waltehr Q5 Match, and will likely shoot just as well.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have the TP9SF Elite and the PPQ. The insides of the slides do look alike. The mags look alike but are not interchangeable. I think the Canik trigger is superior to the Walther but I prefer the PPQ grip. I wish I would have waited for the SFX.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Are you looking to buy local or online? Cabella's is offering pre-order for $499. I think I would wait until they come down, maybe $425. I don't know of any LGS that sells them. Centerfireguns.com sells Century imports and I 've had good service from them. I don't think Centerfire has received any SFX's yet.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'll ask my ffl tomorrow when I'm in there OP if he can get his hands on them. From what I heard in a couple different videos sources on YouTube is that they will be shipping soon (if not as we speak) assuming I remember correctly. I can only imagine them being awesome after getting my hands on a TP9SF. This version is pretty sweet, I love what you get for the money!

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    I always wanted to try one of the caniks but whent with the ppq. Just never had the chance to shoot a canik. Hope I get the chance to give this bad boy a whirl.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I shot the original TP9 last night at the range and was seriously impressed. At that price point (~$350) I might have to pick one up. If one of these new ones ever come to the rental counter at Point Blank, I'll have to give one a try.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I shot the original TP9 last night at the range and was seriously impressed. At that price point (~$350) I might have to pick one up. If one of these new ones ever come to the rental counter at Point Blank, I'll have to give one a try.
    Check out the Elite Tom before you pull the trigger, the TP9 is very nice but for the few extra bucks i would grab the Elite.psyko

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'll second the recommendation of the Elite. I like this gun more every time I shoot it. I'm trying to resist the urge to get the TP9SFX.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I have the v2 and toyed with the idea of getting a SF. Glad I waited. Nothing wrong at all with my V2 but I really would like to get my hands on the SFX. Another INGO member let me shoot his V2 before I bought mine (thanks) and that put me over the edge on buying one.

Top Bottom