Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just got this notice from Walther:

Re: Important Safety Recall – MARCH 2017 Walther CCP Pistols

Dear XXXXXXX

We obtained information from warranty and/or sales records that indicate that you own a Walther CCP pistol bearing serial number WKxxxxxx.
    Walther Arms has identified a potential condition in Walther CCP pistols that could potentially cause it to discharge if dropped whether the manual safety is engaged (on) or disengaged (off). The safety of our customers is our paramount concern so we have voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a drop-fire occurring.
    Your Walther CCP pistol bearing serial number WKxxxxxx is affected by this recall. Please do not load or fire your Walther CCP pistol and contact us immediately to arrange to have your pistol upgraded free of charge, using the following steps:

1. [*=left]Step 1 – Contact us at 1-866-503-3389 (M-F / 8:00AM to 5:PM CST), email (ccprecall@waltherarms.com) or online (www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall) and provide the serial number of your pistol.
      [*=left]Step 2 – After contacting us, we will send you shipping instructions so that you can return your unloaded pistol to us, free of charge via FedEx. The medium FedEx carton will fit factory CCP case.
      [*=left]Step 3 – We will upgrade and return your pistol to you free of charge. We will make every effort to complete the upgrade and return your pistol to you as soon as possible.
    We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, and to thank you for your patience and cooperation.

If you have sold or transferred your Walther CCP pistol, serial number WK037641, please contact us at 1-866-503-3389 (M-F / 8:00AM to 5:PM CST), email (ccprecall@waltherarms.com) or online (www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall) and provide us with the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold it so that we can notify them of this recall.
    We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Walther products.

I don't know yet if this covers all CCPs or just some. We have two and only received notice on the one. I have emailed Walther to check the other serial number.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This makes me very very upset... oh well ill send it in.

My parents have one. They are both in their 70's. Dad has no problems with slides but mom does. The CCP was one of the only things she was comfortable operating. The gun has preformed well.

I was part of the nightmare that was the XDS recall. I sent mine off the day it was announced. Between the lies, manipulation & mishandling of the entire procedure I will never send in a gun for a recall early again. I sold the other SA's I had and haven't bought anything from them since then either, although the EMP 4" has been tempting. The experience soured me on the entire company. I like my Walther and don't want a repeat. I'll wait until others have done so and reported back how it was handled.

I'm gonna have to sit down with dad and make a phone call to Walther. I know he'll want answers before he sends anything in, as will I. Who knows, they may just decide it's not worth the trouble and sell it and find something else.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Even though I only received one notification, Walther promptly responded that it was all CCPs. We will get ours sent off and see how it goes. We love the guns, and shoot them regularly. Fortunately we have others that we can carry in the mean time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Decided id let this guy sit in the safe for a few weeks until others get theirs back. I dont like sending my property somewhere for modifications without specifics.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The first of our two was delivered to Walther this morning. I will let you know when it is returned. I was only willing to send in one at a time.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Walther said three weeks and they kept their word. Just got notification of shipping and it will be delivered on Thursday.
    Let us know if they tell you any information on your return paperwork. The members on the Walther forum have been reporting no information as to what was done.

3 weeks is better than the XDS recall with all their lies & delays.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Paperwork is very vague. "Performed upgrade, tested OPS at range at 100%". I think it is a new slide, I'll be sure after the next one is sent in because the slide on it has some definite holster marks.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Paperwork is very vague. "Performed upgrade, tested OPS at range at 100%". I think it is a new slide, I'll be sure after the next one is sent in because the slide on it has some definite holster marks.

There are a couple things they may have done. If you still had the old style firing pin block, they probably replaced the slide. Per the discussion on the walther forums, the recall does not affect the slide itself.

The Walther quality has appeared to have diminished during the past few years.
    Sort of and yes. overall yes but there are also sort of two flavors of Walther guns: those made by Walther and those made by/forced on Walther by their parent company, Umarex (like the CCP).

Striker13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    NCI
    There are a couple things they may have done. If you still had the old style firing pin block, they probably replaced the slide. Per the discussion on the walther forums, the recall does not affect the slide itself.

Sort of and yes. overall yes but there are also sort of two flavors of Walther guns: those made by Walther and those made by/forced on Walther by their parent company, Umarex (like the CCP).

I tend to agree about the quality, having owned several Walther's including the CCP. My wife liked it for the easy slide manipulation, but hated the take down for cleaning. We sent it back for a slide issue; in that it seemed to throw off some extra material almost every trip to the range. Walther claimed nothing wrong and sent it back. I eventually grew tired of the disintegration that continued after it was returned. We traded it in for her G19 and have not looked back. I have had no issues with the PPS or PPQ.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just got the second one back today. Four weeks to the day after they received it. The slide was not replaced, same holster rash as when it was sent out. I'm going to take them at their word that it is repaired. No intention of dropping it to see if it goes off.

Top Bottom