• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I got myself a CZ 2075 RAMI last weekend and it's a great shooter. I knew nothing about CZ when I purchased it. I just knew it felt great in my hands. I do have some questions for the folks that know more about these guns.
    I'd like to put some hi viz sights on this gun. In looking at CZ it seems they have the night sights but it also says they need installed by a gun smith. Has anyone here changed them out themselves or did a gunsmith do it for you?
    I guess my last question is what gunsmith would you recommend if that's the way I need to go? I live in Huntington (near Ft Wayne) but I'd be willing to travel some if needed.

Thanks for any input in advance.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The Rami has unique sights that are specific to it, mainly because the front sight has a traditional dovetail cut, unlike most of the other CZ handguns that use a dovetail that comes in from the front / muzzle end of the gun. Basically the front sight is a standard 1911 Novak cut, the rear is a Czech cut with an extra notch at the very end (look at yours from the side profile, you will see what I mean). They are removed/installed like any other dovetailed sights found on most common handguns. You can use a sight pusher tool or punches if you use the proper ones with care/caution.

There are not a lot of options available.

The ones I know of are the following:

- Factory luminescent 3-dots (meaning they will glow in the dark for awhile if you charge them with a flashlight)
    - Meprolight night sights (these are the factory night sights)
    - XS sights (have not checked around for these in awhile, so availability unknown)
    - Target adjustable rear sight (either found on CZ's website or possibly Cajun Gun Works)

There is much more info on the subject here:
    The Original CZ Forum - Index

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Awesome information folks! Thank you so much for the help. I really think I'm going to love the gun. After looking and reading about CZ's and what other folks say I've probably started something that's gonna get expensive!

Top Bottom