• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I love glocks. Like pretty much everyone else I was anxiously awaiting the release of the 43. Once it finally came out I snatched one up and wanted to love it but I hated it. I shot it like crap (before they put the new connectors in) and it tore up my trigger finger, not the case with any of my other glocks. I ended up selling it and got a shield. After doing some work to it, sights, tigger etc... it turned into a really sweet shooter. It just didn't point naturally for me and I had a hard time finding the front sight. So I decided to give a 43 a go again.

I put talon's on all my guns so that was the first thing I did. I also got a TLR 6 for super cheap so I decided to run one of those as well. Then I got some of Taran Tactical's mag extensions. I ran the +1 and +2 on my first 43 and had zero issues with them. I've got a +1 on the mag I'll carry in it and one of their +3's on my spare mag. I also did an undercut and I swapped out the serrated trigger shoe with a smooth faced aluminum one from Kineti Tech. I'm hoping that will solve my trigger finger issues. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet so we'll see. Also curious as to the reliability of the +3 from Taran. They do give you a new spring to use. And of course I had to make some holsters for it.

I'm hoping to get some rounds through it in the next couple of days and we'll see how it shoots!

30xk1ox.jpg

2w36vd4.jpg

2ytvbso.jpg

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I had the same issue with hits before I put a new connector in, made a big difference for me. Thinking about the undercut, post an update after shooting and let us know how that particular mod worked out.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Nice , I like the grip texture , seems like the one I fired was not like that? The 43 was the first Glock I fired that I really liked.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Clay, I too bought the G-43 hype when they were all the rage pre sales, had to have one took over, and I even paid an x-tra $50 "finders fee" to get my first one. I even made a choice to buy one for my wife and now have two in the safe practically brand new. Why? Well trigger sucked, too stiff, and recoil using my proffered ammo was too noticeable (IMHO) for accurate shooting at a distance I liked. I EDC a G-27, and 6+1 of 9mm vs 9+1 of .40 sealed its fate.

Now I got my wife instead a G-42, which is accurate, shoots like a .22 again (IMHO), and is very accurate at close range. I even bought my self one. And although I still EDC a G-27, the lil .380's are fun to shoot and do get range time just for thge fun of it. I may try a couple times a year to play with the G-43, but unless something in that platform set up drastically changes, it like the two G-30's I also have, will stay locked up for future G-kids to claim.

I hope you enjoy yours or will we someday see a INGO or ARMSLIST classifieds message..........."FOR SALE" slightly used G-43 "Custom" with extras ?!?

PS love your Kydex holsters.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Traded my G-25 a year ago for a G-43 so the wife wouldn't leave home without her EDC (her other is a G-19) ... everyone that's shot her 43 likes it; even me, its probably 2nd on my list of pistols after I replace my 26.
    I found it accurate, easier to shoot than the 42 (daughter has one of these, that I've shot a bunch too) ... easy to carry.

Lots of dry fire and shooting is all I've done to either 43 or 42 to break them in; trigger gets lighter and smoother; so does the working the slide. YMMV. Good luck.
    Oh and I've shot a shield (un-mod'd) - I find the 43 way better too. ...

3 cents (inflation) - Enjoy.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I like my G43 a lot. I carry it in my front pocket every day. Shots great. I also like the G26. Both are great guns, but the 43 fits in the pocket better than the 26

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Well I was able to about 50 rounds through it yesterday. I love it! Shoots like the rest of my glocks do now. The smooth trigger is so much more comfortable than the stock serrated one. Just rapid firing off some rounds at about 10 yards I got nice hand sized groups. I'm gonna go shoot again today or tomorrow to get some more rounds through it and see how accurate I can really be with it. The +3 functioned perfectly but I did have some issues with the + 1. I'm going to put it on one of the other magazines and see how it does.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My wife and I each have a Glock 43 and we haven't had the first problem out of either of them. Glad you are having better luck with your new one!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I put about another 150 through it yesterday. Realized you weren't supposed to use the plastic followers (whatever they're technical term is) on the bottom of the spring from the glock mags when you use the new baseplates from Taran. Took it out and my +1 ran perfectly. I was able to keep all but one of my rounds in the 9 ring at 25 yards and could get a few hits on the steel at 75 yards when I did my part. Great little shooter.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have tried to find a reason to dislike my G43. Other than it lacks the capacity of my G19, I can't find anything wrong with it. It's accurate, goes bang every time, and its easy to carry and conceal. I added the Talon rubber grips to it, Trijicon night sights, Vicker's +2 mag extensions, and the clip draw. It has been the only gun I've carried consistently everyday from morning to night. I often forget I have it which might be a bad thing.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I see thanks, I single carried my G-42 BUG the other day meeting one of my kids for lunch and left my EDC Glock forty in the car trunk.
    As posted in another thread even though it was just a Pizza lunch in Plainfield and my son in law had his Springfield XDM on him, I felt foolish pocketing a smaller back up gun when I coulda/woulda/shoulda kept the forty on me, not secured in my trunk.

Maybe I keep the G-42 in the range bag as a toy and upgrade to the G-43 as a BUG?

I may have "FELT" safer with just that on as a bare minimum.

PS Chicago Pizza was nice, just very busy during lunchtime, but I will definitely go back someday.

Top Bottom